Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

vent fixture units

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vent fixture units

    How many fixture units are allowed on a 1-1/2 vent?

  • #2
    Re: vent fixture units

    Originally posted by bobkoll View Post
    How many fixture units are allowed on a 1-1/2 vent?
    Eight fixture units but no six unit traps or water closets.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: vent fixture units

      No water closets?

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: vent fixture units

        IPC will let you vent a sater closet.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: vent fixture units

          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          IPC will let you vent a sater closet.
          What's a sater closet?

          J.C.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: vent fixture units

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            No water closets?

            J.C.
            Mark, you can't vent a water closet under UPC with 1.5"?

            J.C.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: vent fixture units

              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Mark, you can't vent a water closet under UPC with 1.5"?

              J.C.
              No not under the UPC. There is a 2" minimum for water closets.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: vent fixture units

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                No not under the UPC. There is a 2" minimum for water closets.

                Mark
                The books in the truck but if I recall under IPC you can vent a bathroom group with a 1.25" vent.

                !##$$!#Q! DIFFFERENT CODES FOR THE EXACT SAME THING!

                J.C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: vent fixture units

                  Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  The books in the truck but if I recall under IPC you can vent a bathroom group with a 1.25" vent.

                  !##$$!#Q! DIFFFERENT CODES FOR THE EXACT SAME THING!

                  J.C.
                  I believe a bathroom group is 5 dfu and an 1.25" is only good for 2 dfu under the IPC.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: vent fixture units

                    I think it is 1.5" for a bathroom group JC... ( 1/2 the Diam. of the 3" line for closet)

                    My book is in the truck as well...lol

                    Okie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: vent fixture units

                      Thanks guys. I distinctly remember this as a "trick" question on the test years ago. Obviously noone uses 1.25" vents but for some reason I recall there was an exception for this one situation.

                      I still get confused venting. You can use ABC size if wet venting but you must dump into a stack with X distance when only Y amount of DFU's are present. If you increase or decrease any of these then none of this applies. DUhhhhh......

                      J.C.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: vent fixture units

                        under ipc I don't recall exactly how many dfu's can be done on a dry 1.5 vent, but I seem to recall a wet 1.5 only being able to vent 1 dfu. Which I interpreted to mean if a lav is venting anything but itself, you need to bump it to a 2 inch vent. But, my book is in the truck at our shop.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: vent fixture units

                          Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                          under ipc I don't recall exactly how many dfu's can be done on a dry 1.5 vent, but I seem to recall a wet 1.5 only being able to vent 1 dfu. Which I interpreted to mean if a lav is venting anything but itself, you need to bump it to a 2 inch vent. But, my book is in the truck at our shop.
                          Under the IPC an 1.5" wet vent is limited to 1 dfu. As for an 1.5" standard vent it varies depending on the drain size and developed length of the vent.

                          Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: vent fixture units

                            Here are a couple taken straight from the IPC 2006...


                            916.1 Size and developed length of stack vent and vent stack
                            1 1/4" vents 2 DFU no more then 30'
                            1.5" vents 8-10 DFU 30-150' ( to lazy to write whole table...lol)

                            908.3 Common vent size
                            1.5" = 1 DFU
                            2"= 4 DFU
                            2.5 and 3" = 6 DFU

                            909.3 Wet Vent
                            1.5" = 1 DFU
                            2"= 4 DFU
                            2.5"=6 DFU
                            3"= 12 DFU

                            910.4 Waste stack Vent Size
                            1.5"=1 DFU into one branch or 2 DFU Total discharge for stack
                            2" = 2 DFU / 4DFU

                            I was sure you could vent a bathroom group with a single 1.5" line ( not that I would) hmmmm I will keep looking

                            Okie

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: vent fixture units

                              10

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X