Vibrating hot water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrating hot water

I'm a 26 year pipefitter/welder by trade and know a bit about plumbing too.I have an odd problem with my kitchen sink faucet,which I think is an air problem.Its a Delta,seperate stem for hot and cold.Every time I turn the hot water on it seems to decrease in flow and starts vibrating.Ive removed the aerator and cleaned it but it still happens.Any ideas?

Re: Vibrating hot water

I bet you have some debris in the way. Turn off hot water side. Disconnect the riser at the angle stop and put the loose end in a bucket. Open faucet hot side then cold side and put a rag or something to force the water to flow backwards thru the hot side and out the riser tube into the bucket. Put it back together and check it. If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the angle stop. There is definetly debris in the line somewhere or it could be as simple as an angle stop just barely turned on.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

This has happened to me before, my guess is it's the hot water tap/spindle washer has worked loose and is causing the vibration. Remove the tap and check the washer to see if that's the problem and reattached a new one with a new brass screw.

Comment

Does the faucet have a side spray?

Comment

Originally posted by choyboy View Post
          This has happened to me before, my guess is it's the hot water tap/spindle washer has worked loose and is causing the vibration. Remove the tap and check the washer to see if that's the problem and reattached a new one with a new brass screw.
          He said it's a Delta, no screws to come loose. MtnMn is right (where've you been?) maybe an old screw from a previous faucet. I would also leave the diverter out just to make sure that is not the problem before I took things loose underneath.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

check the hotside angle stop before you start taking anything apart chances are the stop is not turned all the way on
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Everetts PHAC may be on to something here, I have seen this problem with the single handle delta faucets and it was caused by the rubber end on the diverter separating from the stem. Does your faucet have an additional spray hose on the side? If not, crawl under the sink and see if your faucet could have had one that someone plugged at the hose connection (I have seen this before). The Diverter for this fixture if this is the issue may be acessed by removing the spout.

Comment

Haycad, I think your on the money there...seen it before, as they say, been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
                Pat Martinez
                M5 Plumbing Services LLC

Comment

Ok Blueoval fitter (builds Ford's I guess) Where are you. You have to get back on here and tell us what you did and found.
                  ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                    Ok Blueoval fitter (builds Ford's I guess) Where are you. You have to get back on here and tell us what you did and found.
                    No,I don't build Fords. I do drive an 07 F150 tho!
                    I'm a HVAC pipefitter/welder by trade.
                    I found when I turn the hot side 1/2-2/3 the way open it does not make the vibation sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X