X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pump Crisis

gentlemen, I am told that my house was built over a stream, all that said and done I have two submersible pumps in there now a 1/2 hp and a 1/3 hp, and with the recent thaw and ensuing rain, I was almost flooded out again, if my neighbor did not show up with a generator and a temperary 2" submersible pump to throw in the pit, I would have flooded again for the 6th time in 5 years.

I need serious help in pump sizes and direction, because when it rains hard it comes into the pit strong via drain tile and both pumps boogie non-stop

Re: Sump Pump Crisis

No back up system huh?

Comment

there isn't a back up system invented that can keep up with my flow when its bad outside............my concern is how can i keep up with the flow when i have full power i plan on compensating for power otages with a generator

Comment

Originally posted by dinovio1000 View Post
        gentlemen, I am told that my house was built over a stream.
        Move. Seriously, it will probably bring you nothing but trouble.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Think multiple pumps for double redundancy, install a back-up electrical generator and test it every month.

You already know how much horsepower is required for your worst case scenario.
          Last edited by spodelee; 01-03-2009, 09:23 PM.
          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Are you in the Barrington area?

Comment

the house is in the historical part of Wheaton, it has a newly dug basement of 15 years, for a house that is from 1867, not bad, perhaps they could have done the drain tile better, I am not sure, I don't want to re-dig everything...what I would like to hear from the experts, is what is the professional approach to handle the water at max out put, help me go through this, like: do I need a bigger pit, should it deeper or wider, do i need bigger pumps etc.............this is what I need

Comment

No need to move there is always a solution. With out seeing you problem first hand I would look at a setup similar to this.

one of these

http://www.cumminsonan.com/residenti...e?gensetId=105

And two of these bad boys

http://www.femyers.com/products/sse/sse_s50ht.html

You will need to call a local plumber for install and proper on site sizing of everything. Those pumps need to be 2" all the way, don't reconnect to 1.5" if thats what there.

Comment

rombo.thanks for the info, i have headed down this road before, those emergency generators, cost a pretty penny, however, can you tell me why you chose that particular 1/2hp pump, i have not heard of them, do you install a lot of these, please explain this pump...thank you

Comment

where is the water going?? when your pump is running.

Comment

You need a Geo tech. Eng. [soils Eng.] Did the Guys doing the drainage give You the cheapest price [low bidder] ?
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                      X