X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe screeching

Just wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions on what might be causing or how to fix a screeching noise that we get occasionally. Not sure when it happens, possibly when people are flushing more then 1 toilet and running water, or washing clothes, but if we open a valve somewhere (usually the kitchen faucet cold) it seems to quiet down. If we close the faucet it'll usually stop after a minute. Sometimes it goes on for like 2-3minutes, and it's quite loud too. We've added -nothing- to our plumbing in a long time. We have a gas water heater, 2 bathrooms (1 - 1st floor, 1 basement) 1 washer in basement, and the kitchen faucet. Kitchen seems to be where it makes the most noise too...

Re: Pipe screeching

I'm guessing toilet valve washer or PRV screen.

Now take a look at my "2 pumps a pumping" thread in the electricians area please.

J.C.

Comment

Do you have an old pressure regulator on the system? That is usually the culprit.

2 pumps a pumping? Is that a plumbers version of the 12 days of Christmas?
      And a plumber in a sump pit.
      5 golden toilets
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I dont believe we have a pressure regulator??? on the system. basically comes in the house, with 2 shut off valves where it enters the house (1 to shut off all water, 1 to drain water from system) and then continues on to the rest of the house... Not a lot of pipe either, small house...

Comment

HEY can you add some pictures???
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
          X