Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viega Pex vs. Wirsbo Pex

Originally posted by mr. frugal View Post
    I'd just go ahead and bypass it, if I was doing it. Yes it is odd that no other fixtures are controlled in the same manner. Perhaps it for the lepers..."What do you call two lepers in a hot tub? Porridge"
    PEX is fine to use. You will have to sweat on fittings to the copper. Make sure you get the right ones, - I made that mistake at Home Diappointment two days ago. (Actually I grabbed three correct, and one incorrect; Always look closely cuz 9 of 10 times they're misfiled. I should know better, it being the 47th time it's happened there. DOH! )
    Good Luck.

LOL Obviously your not a plumber........SO now this is a DIY forum????

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      Viega is not a lower grade pex in terms of it's properties just a different in the way it is made, grade A doesn't mean it's the best just it's description. And this thread is old.

Since i have put in miles of both pipe, most builders use wirsbo, some still use vanguard with the maniblock. I think I'm qualified to my opinion Well Viega doesn't even come close to the quality of Wirsbo. Vanguard is stiffer, kinks, won't expand like wirsbo. It's is a much lower grade of pipe. To me it's like domestic steel pipe vs the Chinese. Not even close.

Comment

Viega was never made to be expanded! It is a crimp style of pex and the quality of both is = to their design. Some people like the brand they use and thats fine but to label something as bad with out facts to all the people coming here for help is misleading. Pex A and Pex B is not a rating but a catagory. To be used with the correct style of fitting.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Viega was never made to be expanded! It is a crimp style of pex and the quality of both is = to their design. Some people like the brand they use and thats fine but to label something as bad with out facts to all the people coming here for help is misleading. Pex A and Pex B is not a rating but a catagory. To be used with the correct style of fitting.
          I agree so lets just say that all pex is crap and we have that subject covered.

Now on the the OP. The mixing valve is F'd so run on down to the plumbing supply house and get a new element and spring set for it (Home cheepot don't have them)
          sigpic

Comment

exactly. It cannot expand because it's a lower quality. The crimp system is lower quality and compared to Wirsbos it is bad. Anyone who has used both will know after installing both that Wirsbo's got the better pipe and system. That's why every builder is going to Wirsbo. In a few years if pex is still going strong we will all be using Wirsbo and veiga will be something you will have to get at lowes. Most suppliers around where i'm from don't even carry veiga\vanguard any more because of the poor quality.

That said if I had my way we would still be using copper. I still use copper on remodels, but not new homes. Can't stay competitive anymore without using pex.

Comment

Working...
            X