X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flux causing leaks

How much flux is going on there, it doesnt take much.
    I liked what DUNBAR said "There was an idiot in my state that lost his master's license because he'd take the end of a copper pipe and jab it into the tub of flux." Now thats ALOT of flux!!! lol

Comment

[quote=DUNBAR;199516]There was an idiot in my state that lost his master's license because he'd take the end of a copper pipe and jab it into the tub of flux.

He'd cut all his PVC with a hacksaw, would cut out holes for the closet flange with a sawzall.

I worked for him for 4 hours, he wouldn't let me sand the copper or fittings. Anything new he said didn't need it.

Took me 4 months to get paid from him, told all the supply houses to start looking for a body floating in the river soon, all for less than $100.

When I finally met up with him after all that time, he saw me walk into the supply house and this guy was trembling when he handed me over this check that had been written to me for months, all crumbled up and dirty. Very apologetic and "said" he called numerous times. Sure you did.

The check cashed, that's all that matters. But he did lose his license; he was doing a 2nd rough by himself in 7 hours, plastic and copper in a bilevel with 2.5 baths. That's putting the test on it too, through the roof.

That's flat out gettin it, but every house he plumbed was a joke. Leaks, clogs, clogs, leaks, piping had to be tore out because he'd left burrs on the pvc, angled badly in the hubs, just dishonorable plumbing all the way.

Copper water lines were blowing apart as well.[/quot

I think there is a plumber like that in every town

We had one that what ever he could do wrong he did it

Back to the copper

we have a small town here that the well water would eat the copper

glad they are on city water now
      We had one that what ever could be wrong was wrong

Comment

[QUOTE=DUNBAR;199516]There was an idiot in my state that lost his master's license because he'd take the end of a copper pipe and jab it into the tub of flux.

He'd cut all his PVC with a hacksaw, would cut out holes for the closet flange with a sawzall.

I worked for him for 4 hours, he wouldn't let me strembling when he handed me over this check that had been written to me for months, all crumbled up and dirty. Very apologetic and "said" he called numerous times. Sure you did.

Now You see why I do My own plumbing. My work is far superior to many licensed plumbers,
        including some MASTERS ! He He Let the fur fly
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
          He may have told you that just to make you wipe your joints clean every time

It looks a lot better ,, and should be done if you like your work.
          Thats what my boss used to tell me & it sure does show that you care about your work. Id rather see a clean joint than drippy soldder all over the copper pipe.

Comment

stan why did you ask if i was for real .Someone else said the same thing , I also google it .

Comment

Working...
            X