X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple shower controls

Does any one have a source [ PICTURES] OF PLUMBING for these many options.
    Haven't seen this in, My many, plumbing books.Is there a book that illistrates proper practices Never plumbed one of these.
    Thanks' in advance. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Multiple shower controls

How may are you talking about? Is it a volume problem with the line that concerns you...
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.us.kohler.com/common/pdfs...mShowering.pdf

Comment

body jets have to be manifolded into a loop for even draw...

Comment

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q...howersetup.jpg

Comment

Each one is different in my experience. I always look at everything the customer wants in the shower. Then calculate the water volume, pressure, & hot water necessary for the whole house to keep them happy.

And most forget the DWV must be properly sized to handle it all.

The valve manufacturers have some recommendations in their literature. Sometimes.

J.C.

Comment

There are many configurations you can use. As plumbworker mentioned, if you use body srprays they must be piped in a circulting loop. I have installed Kohler and Grohe they have illustrations in the installation guide to help you get started. It also helps if you have a six inch wall to work with. A lot of too!

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                There are many configurations you can use. As plumbworker mentioned, if you use body srprays they must be piped in a circulting loop. I have installed Kohler and Grohe they have illustrations in the installation guide to help you get started. It also helps if you have a six inch wall to work with. A lot of too!
                Pressure Loop.

Just don't want to confuse the toolaholic.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Each one is different in my experience. I always look at everything the customer wants in the shower. Then calculate the water volume, pressure, & hot water necessary for the whole house to keep them happy.

And most forget the DWV must be properly sized to handle it all.

The valve manufacturers have some recommendations in their literature. Sometimes.

J.C.
                  Yea I forgot to mention that too

Comment

Thanks' Guys, I installed 3/4" risers for this shower,2" drain. Temp control ,3 volume valves,
                    I- 8" rain can, 1-standard shower head, 1-hand held. Manuf. is Cifial- brookhaven 3/4" port.
                    What height of the tile do You like for therm control? Guessing volumes set 8" above O.C.
                    Iusually set shower head at 7' off tile .Thanks' Tool
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Thanks' Guys, I installed 3/4" risers for this shower,2" drain. Temp control ,3 volume valves,
                      I- 8" rain can, 1-standard shower head, 1-hand held. Manuf. is Cifial- brookhaven 3/4" port.
                      What height of the tile do You like for therm control? Guessing volumes set 8" above O.C.
                      Iusually set shower head at 7' off tile .Thanks' Tool
                      Tool, I honestly don't quite understand your question. I take the customers into the shower with the trim/valves and lay it out with them.

Sometimes your customer is 5' and sometimes they are 7'. And sometimes they are both! (Married couple)

J.C.

Comment

She's 5' Boyfriend is about 6'7". Maybe I'll go 40' ON TEMP AND 48 ON 3 VOLUMnS. Thanks'

Comment

Working...
                        X