How much is too little....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much is too little....

Why would you put your hands in someones POO for pocket change?

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
      HaHa, very funny.... I wanted this to be a thread to show the nice folks who I billed this job to how lucky they are, not a thread to put me down for how low my prices are..... On the other hand, everything I work on for them was built with in the last 2 years with the exception of one development, but I personally spent a year and a half remodeling all 26 houses in that development so I know the ins and outs of those. So im not dealing with very old plumbing systems, blueprints werent hard to get, and its all pvc.
      Here's the thing, even if you want to use this thread as a way to show them what Plumbers charge, YOU'RE NOT A LICENSED PLUMBING CONTRACTOR. So you can't charge as if you were one.....really, handy guy....you're going to mess around and Cause someone property damage, then you both will get what you deserve......please make a new thread if you do.......I need a good laugh like that.

It's not like you're a homeowner ask for help here....just the typical handyman.
      Last edited by Flowofmoney; 01-14-2009, 08:32 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        I would bet there is still debris in the sewer and it is only partially flowing. Even "pros" sometimes don't do an adequate job and I know firsthand from going in with the camera after they were just there. Hopefully it doesn't back up again soon, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well, It was a 6in drain, and I had it clear after about 1.5 hrs but kept working at it to help ensure my chances of not being called back out. Ive done many drains where this was the same situation and only been called back out on one. The ended up haveing me dig that one up and replace the line (which turns out thats what needed to be done)

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
          A tank of gas $50 to 60$, a mini roto rooter, $600.00. Where is your profit? There is none. Do this on a daily bases your out of business in no time. I would not touch that job for that price, even if I were a handyman. I can go broke sitting on my couch and sure not going to play in someone elses s**t for that kind of money.
          Well, Ive had the machine less then a year, and I didnt have to pay for it. That story in its self is interesting(tell that in a secc.), but I have made well over 600 with it. Part of my price structure is due to the fact that about 70% of the time when I get an emergency call I am within 2 or 3 miles of where it is. I get several work orders a week in each area (they have 5-8 developments) and I do 3 or 4 at a time in each development. Saves me gas money. That sewage back up was in a develpment I was working in and had just left. I got maybe a half mile down the road when I got the call and turned around to go back.

Story time- Before I had a snake one of the other developers I do work for had a major back up (inch of sewage through out a house) and called a license plumber from the yellow pages. He wouldnt work untill someone cleaned up the raw sewage from his work area first (I ened up having to do that) and then he used the 600 home depot snake and billed about 250. The line stopped up about 3 days later (not as bad this time) and they called him and he wanted another 250 to try again. Then they called me and asked if I could get my hands on a snake. I told them that I could rent one but by the time I did they wouldnt be saving much. They asked what I would charge if I didnt have to pay for the snake. After quoteing them a price they handed me a credit card and told me to go buy myself a snake as long as I would do a snake out for that price everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowofmoney View Post
            Here's the thing, even if you want to use this thread as a way to show them what Plumbers charge, YOU'RE NOT A LICENSED PLUMBING CONTRACTOR. So you can't charge as if you were one.....really, handy guy....you're going to mess around and Cause someone property damage, then you both will get what you deserve......please make a new thread if you do.......I need a good laugh like that.

It's not like you're a homeowner ask for help here....just the typical handyman.

You dont know me in person, and I dont know you. I try not to judge to many people through the internet. I will not do anything that is above my head and I know my limits. There are MANY MANY things in plumbing that I wont try and I wouldnt have a clue how to begin to do them. Snaking a straight run 6in sewer line is not rocket science. Sure there is alot of room to mess up, but I dont see how you find it impossible to belive that someone who does not hold a plumbing license is 100% incapable of being able to snake a line properly. yes, the likely hood that an unlicensed person wont know what they are doing is high, but it does not mean that you wont find one who can do it.

Comment

Working...
            X