X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venturi tees

i will be helping a friend install a HW toekick heater in a kitchen remodel. should venturi tees be used as part of the install? the house has 3/4" copperfinned baseboard and the kicker has 1/2" copper tubing. the manufacturer instructs that a regular 3/4x1/2x3/4 tee be used to supply water to teh kicker. the water leaving the kicker should be reintroduced into the 3/4 copper via a 3/4x1/2x3/4 venturi tee. their position is that the venturi tee is on the return line as its purpose is to create enough back pressure to onduce water to enter the kicker via the regular 3/4x1/2x3/4 tee. any thoughts on this?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: venturi tees

As far as I know, venturi tees should only be used on one pipe systems. But I suppose the manufacturers spec takes precedence.
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I have installed them for years that way with no problems, just make sure you bleed all of the air out of the system and it will work fine.

Comment

If the fintube you are connecting onto is on same level as kicker then one monoflo tee is fine. If you are piping down 1 floor level or up 1 floor level I use a monoflo tee on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          If the fintube you are connecting onto is on same level as kicker then one monoflo tee is fine. If you are piping down 1 floor level or up 1 floor level I use a monoflo tee on both sides.
          very good bill thats what i was going to say
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

is there a minimum distance which should be maintained between the tees, assuming same level plumbing?
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              is there a minimum distance which should be maintained between the tees, assuming same level plumbing?
              I was taught 18" we will soon see if anyone disagrees.....

Comment

I was always told 10 pipe diameters of straight pipe.

Comment

The old rule was 10 pipe diameters but I like to go a bit more with 3/4" copper. 18" will work. Make sure to look at the in and out arrows on the fitting. Installed backwards they will actually work but produce a lot of turbulence and loss of flow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X