X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanently removing an outside toilet

Hi, i have recently removed an outiside toilet. I have taken out the toilet and surrounding walls etc now i'm left with a hole in the concrete. How do I safely fill this hole?

I visited my local plumbing store as I was told there is some kind of plug you can get to fill the hole but they didn't seem to know?! I also heard you can pour concrete in but won't this affect the sewerage pipes?

I'm hoping to use the area where the toilet sat as an entertaining area so would like the hole to be filled permanently.

Any help would be fantastic. Cheers...

Re: Permanently removing an outside toilet

Im not a plumber, so I may be way off (wait for one to answer), BUT.... Right off the bat I would say to remove some of the concrete (jack hammer, sledge hammer,etc.) so that you can get past the flange and to the pipe. Then get a PVC cap (assumeing the pipe is PVC) and glue it on. Then, since the cap is bellow the top of the concrete you can just concrete over it. The best thing to do here would be to install a clean out, but I dont know if you want that in your floor..... Actually, the best thing would probably be to tear the slab up from the toilet to where ever it joins another pipe and remove the entire pipe and anything that was plumbed into the pipe along the way gets redone, but NO ONE would go this far I dont think.

Comment

Pack the hole with bread

Then fill with concrete. The bread will keep the concrete from going down line and causing a problem. Later on the bread will fall a part and go down the sewer and your done
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toiletprob View Post
        Hi, i have recently removed an outiside toilet. I have taken out the toilet and surrounding walls etc now i'm left with a hole in the concrete. How do I safely fill this hole?

I visited my local plumbing store as I was told there is some kind of plug you can get to fill the hole but they didn't seem to know?! I also heard you can pour concrete in but won't this affect the sewerage pipes?

I'm hoping to use the area where the toilet sat as an entertaining area so would like the hole to be filled permanently.

Any help would be fantastic. Cheers...
        You should always cap or plug it with the proper fitting, concrete could let the water seep through.....if you should have a backup.

post what size and type it is, and i'll help ya out..
        sigpic

Comment

The only way it would ever be able to leak is "IF" the sewer was clogged. I myself cant see it leaking even if the sewer clogged but ok
          We concrete all of our old taps on the city mains when drilling a new tap and have never had a problem
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
          X