Gutter Drains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Drains

I had a problem in the fall with a section of Orangeburg drain pipe collapsing, for runoff from the gutters on one side of the house. I did a temporary fix by removing a 6-foot section of the crushed pipe and putting in a patch. This is for the water collection from one side of the house gutters. When it warms up a little, I am going to re-arrange the gutter connections and trench a new line from the front corner of the house to the street.
    My question is, is ABS better than PVC for buried piping for this application? Also, does anyone make a nice termination end, the end of the pipe drains into the street through the rounded curve of the street. The pipe now has a 1 foot section of iron pipe clamped onto the end of it. I figure someone has to make a termination that looks good from the street that will hold up in case some one runs over it with their vehicle accidentally.

Re: Gutter Drains

How deep? Any loading requirements? I would use 4" PVC Sewer and Drain pipe, the thin wall stuff if not in a traffic area and SDR-35 if in traffic, i.e. under a driveway. you dont need to use Sch-40 PVC for your termination cant you just re-use what is there?

Comment

i've used nice looking flat rocks on a house in victoria, british columbia.

the end of the down spout terminated onto a driveway and when it rained the water came down the spout and splashed onto the tenents as they walked by.

the rocks look nice and kinda gave it a natural appeal as well as diffussing the splashing water.

i don't know if that helps you.

just a thought.

Vince

Comment

It will be about 12 inches underground at the curb, then about 2 feet deep at the corner of the house. All yard, no driveways, etc. The pipe now comes out into the curb of the street, just thinking there might be a nice looking termination. The area is $350,000 + houses. I'll have to photgraph the end of the drain this weekend and attach.

Comment

Working...
        X