X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commercial mop sink

my mop sink is leaking needs to be removed. The metal ring around the drain has seperated from the basin. The problem is I cant remove the basin. Dont know how it was installed. Instead of rubber gasket between pvc drain and steel ring seems there is soft metal? Solder maybe? Any way wont lift out. Anyideas? How does that metal ring attach to the basin?

Re: commercial mop sink

how old is it? soft metal makes me think its a lead ferrule.
    if thats the case, just a hammer and cold chisel will probably suffic to break the seal, then pull the lead out in chunks. removal all depends on how much you want to salvage.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
      how old is it? soft metal makes me think its a lead ferrule.
      if thats the case, just a hammer and cold chisel will probably suffic to break the seal, then pull the lead out in chunks. removal all depends on how much you want to salvage.
      20 plus years,how does the metal ring attach to basin?

Comment

Take a digital pic and put it up on here. Then you'll get some better answers/ideas.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Take a digital pic and put it up on here. Then you'll get some better answers/ideas.

J.C.
          will do

Comment

Working...
          X