Pipe noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipe noise

Well, the spike occurred when the water heater was not running. I checked the pressure when the dishwasher was running (therefore the water heater was running) and while our static pressure increased to 67 -- the spike was about 80.

The water company said the pressure provided is usually around 80 psi.

Should I just call a plumber? I don't really know any good ones.

Comment

calling a plumber would be your best bet, if nothing else for the peace of mind of not having anything damaged by pressure.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by natalie1999 View Post
        Update:
        Not enough room on our pvc pipes to install the water hammer arrestors, unfortunately.

Static water pressure (on outside hose) was 60psi. Reduced a little by turning the screw on the pressure regulator (Watts N35B, 8.5 years old) but it wouldn't go below 57-58 psi. The pressure remained steady at the same psi after toilet flushed or faucet turned on (at ground level). Water heater has a temperature relief valve. So I guess the water pressure isn't really the problem if 57-60 psi is normal for a townhouse?

I guess will have to live with the noise, which isn't really loud if you're not paying attention anyway. Ugh!
        PVC Is not legal for water distribution in a house anymore. It is especially bad for hot water. Hopefully you actually have CPVC which is legal. If not you may need to repipe. Your water pressure is fine at 57-60psi.

Comment

Hi, yes I'm going to call a local plumber just to make sure. Calling around to see how much it will cost tomorrow.

Our house is only 8 years old. I don't know whether it is pvc or cpvc. In any case, it's all over the house. I'm pretty sure all my neighbors have it.

Comment

Working...
          X