Help - Boiler Mate install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Boiler Mate install

I am replacing an Amtrol Boiler Mate that had a mechanical temp dial, with a Boiler Mate with the electronic Smart Control (WH-41P). I will be installing this in a gas BBHW system with a separate 4-wire zone valve for non-priority hot water, and will not be using the boiler mate circulator. I have a Honeywell Aquastat relay type L8148E. Since the wiring on the new replacement Boiler Mate is different from the old Boiler Mate, I would like to know how to connect the new one to my heating system. Would anyone have experience with this situation? Thanks for any help.
    Steve

Re: Help - Boiler Mate install

Isnt it a 24v system that you just wire the smart control to the zone valve and call it a day? Why did you pay for the package if you didnt need the circulator? Check out page 22 of your installation manual. I have included it for your information.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wrench spinner; 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hey,
      Thanks for the follow up. Good question about not using the circulator. I figured I'd get at least one question about that. Long story but worked out OK for me.
      Steve

Comment

I guess I'm more interested in why you didn't just read the installation manual. All the wiring diagrams are in there ? That's why they include those things with the product
        sigpic

Comment

Hi,
          Actually, I did read the manual but was confused a bit about the electrical connections on the new unit (I don't do this for a living). Lots more wires vs. the old unit. I was able to install the original Boiler Mate myself (pipes and electric) since that one had a mechanical temp control and only had 2 wires. The new one has 8 wires. It appears from the diagrams that the two blue (or two orange) wires go back to T-T. That's where they are now from the old unit. The white and black are either 24 v or 120 v supply into the Smart Control. Since the old unit didn't have these I'm not sure where to run these wires. Should they go to L1 and L2 on the aquastat (that's 120 v) or somewhere else for 24 v (like the transformer). Also, why can either voltage be used going to the Smart Control? 120 v seems like overkill to display a temp on a LED.
          Thanks for the help.
          Steve

Comment

Can you post some pics of the install it will really help with where to pull the wires from.

Comment

the black and white are 120V, hook them to L1 and L2 on the aquastat.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X