Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Install an Emergency Eyewash Station?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Install an Emergency Eyewash Station?

Not really sure why I just figured the plumbing inspectors needed something to turn us down for. I heard a reason for it once but cant recall why. I dont question the codes I just follow them

Comment

This is ontario plumbing code.

I don't know much about IPC but the picture shows indirect connection is required a p-trap but anyhow I have been taught no trap required on indirect connection.
      Attached Files

Comment

http://www.3dplumbing.net/ontplumbin...e_systems.html

Maybe it is better.

Comment

I think that the thinking for the indirect is that the fixtures are used so infrequently that the trap will dry out over time. By draining indirectly to another trap the chance that the trap will be in contact with fresh water is increased. I've installed a few, and never had a requirement to go either way. I've been called into a few jobs where they ended up going portable to save both time and money. There are some inexpensive one's out there if you want to check them out as an option. www.safetybee.com has both styles available at a decent price. I'm sure if you search elsewhere you can find comparable stuff. Just a possibility, but it sure could save yourself a project.

Comment

Working...
          X