X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing out my outside hosebibs

Just bought my first house and the outside hose bibs are leaking. I was told the are soldered on so I'd have to heat them up and pull them off, ok, tried but it's not working. My nieghbor thinks its because water is still leaking out, a small trickle, of the hose bib itself which is creating a cool spot on the bottom. Do I need more heat maybe?Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Changing out my outside hosebibs

It sounds like you have very little experience with plumbing and soldering, so in this case you might want to call a plumber. You can watch what he does and then next time, you'll have a better idea how to do it yourself.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Re: Changing out my outside hosebibs

What do you mean: "I was told they are soldered on" ? Can you not see for yourself if they are soldered on? Have you ever soldered before? If not, this is not the project for you to learn on (there is a fire risk here).
      In any event, if water is trickling out of the bib, there is NO WAY you can remove that bib with a torch. The water must first be stopped. Did you fully shut off the water inside the house? Perhaps you can open a basement faucet to stop the water from trickling from the outside the hosebib. If the valve seat is OK you can also rebuild the bib (replace the washers and orings, etc).

Comment

Working...
      X