X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best setup for optimal water pressure/flow

I have a main 3/4 inch cold line going down the center of my house. I then have a 1/2 line that is perpendicular to the main 3/4 inch line that has a silcock on either end. What is the best way to connect the two? Should I branch 1/2 off the main 3/4 line and then connect to the 1/2 line using a
    1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 Tee? Should I branch off the 3/4 line with 3/4 and connect to the 1/2 line using a 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 Tee? Or does it not really matter? Most likely both silcocks will be on so I would like to have optimal flow.

Re: Best setup for optimal water pressure/flow

I don't understand this. Any engineer would always tell ME how to do it and all the reasons I'm wrong in the first place.

J.C.

Comment

Which flows more water at a given pressure or do they flow the same amount? (easy engineer question)

Two half inch lines or a single 1" line?

Okie

Comment

I am no engineer, but it looks pretty simple to me. If you don't want to run 3/4 teed individually off the main to the sill cocks, which would be optimal especially if you are going to use both simultaneously, the obvious answer of the 2 diagrams is diagram 1, keeping it 3/4 all the way to the split, so you don't have a half inch line feeding both sillcocks. Alternatively, just cut the 1/2 line in half and use two tees on the 3/4 line and feed them individually.

Comment

Working...
        X