X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower still leaking

I have replaced the valve seat, the washer and still when I turn the shower on it leaks from the spout. When we shower the shower goes on but also leaks from the spout. What can I do to stop the leaking? Seems like more water waste. Please help

Re: Shower still leaking

the seat in the tub spout right? did you make sure you cleaned everything really good

Comment

my suggestion was for the pull up knob on the spout

Comment

The shower is a three handle valve. I have water coming out the shower head of course, but then there is still water coming out from the spout. I have a little knowledge of changing stems, valve seats, washers. But, how do I stop the leaking? Sorry guys, I'm only woman

Comment

Originally posted by Beatriz51 View Post
          ? Sorry guys, I'm only woman
          What is that supposed to mean??

Comment

That I am only a woman, trying my best to fix what needs fixing. That's all.

Comment

Is there a name on the handle ,,or shower head ?

Comment

No, I haven't. Okay guys..laugh all you want. Well, at least I try. I do my own painting, electrical, planting, gardening. I have replaced shower heads, valves, stems, washer. And I never had a problem up until now. So, if you guys want to laugh, laugh all you want. And thanks for the comments.

Comment

I'm chilling, I can take it, as well as I can dish it out too! Thanks for the comments.

Comment

spouts always drip period when shower is running.. it shouldn't be a steady stream but driping is normal

Comment

Take a picture of the stems and post them, it will make it easier to help.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                        spouts always drip period when shower is running.. it shouldn't be a steady stream but driping is normal
                        it really shouldn't on a 3 handle valve, its a diverter valve.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I suggest replacing the faucet with a single lever pressure balance faucet with a trim kit that covers the three holes in the wall. Some of those three handle faucet stems are almost imposible to find.

Comment

Yes, I did have to search on the internet. And I do remember her from when I was a child. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatriz51 View Post
                              No, I haven't. Okay guys..laugh all you want. Well, at least I try. I do my own painting, electrical, planting, gardening. I have replaced shower heads, valves, stems, washer. And I never had a problem up until now. So, if you guys want to laugh, laugh all you want. And thanks for the comments.

.........i was impressed to see that you enjoy doing your own plumbing, painting etc. here is a site that covers a whole lot of subjects that i think you'll enjoy!http://www.handymanwire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X