Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot vs cold

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    glad for the disclaimer. 1950's

i've yet to come to an old home, building that had hot on the right that wasn't a screw up. most of the time it's a moen cartridge that they had no idea how to flip.

i think the hot on the left, cold on the right goes back to the days driving on the right side of the road.

just don't tell that to our friends down under they're backwards with everything

rick.
    I just come across this thread and was agast at what you really think of we your friends??? down under I think I will go and have a cry now.

Tony

Comment

cactus

we must of went to different schools together. breid

Comment

Re: hot VS cold

Before I moved I had the bathroom renovated in the house I lived in and we had a guy who was from the u.k. set our fixtures and he put the hot on the right. He told me that that's the standard there, same with other people I knew who lived there. Apparently they have light switches that are reversed too and different power settings for plugs, but that's probably a conversation for the electricians forum...

Comment

Re: Hot vs cold

Thanks for the awesome information in history. It was very effective and informative!

Comment

Working...
          X