X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water to refrigerator door

The pump is working on the frig and the icemake is fine . The water does not make it to the dispenser on the frig. door. I'm assuming it's clocked somewhere in the door. I'll have to get the brand and make when I get home. I've tried blowing compressed air from the dispenser back down the tube to the bottom of the door with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Re: No water to refrigerator door

You probably need to ask an appliance man more than a plumber but I would check the line between the main refrigerator and the door to see if it is getting pinched in the door.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I don't know about your brand, but mine has a little lock switch (kind of hidden) that can lock out the water flow. Search around the area where the controls are.

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a look around.

Comment

Might need a filter change?

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
            Might need a filter change?
            Nope. Thats the 1st thing I replaced. It's never anything easy.

Comment

Pull apart the supply line from the valve and make sure you have h20 there,then check for kinked line then check for an interior clog within the 'fridge piping itself.

Comment

Not enough info.

New refrigerator?

Idiotic saddle valve?

Galvanized?

Do you hear the solenoid "click"?

Copper line kinked in the back?

J.C.

Comment

It's possible the line has froze. I had a problem with my GE side by side (model-GSL25JFPH BS). Repairman visitied and told me almost $900.00 to replace the door. No other fix according to him. $90.00 for the visit. I emptied the fridge and shut it down for a day. Then started it up with the freezer at a lower setting. Been fine now for a year. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Not enough info.

New refrigerator?

Idiotic saddle valve?

Galvanized?

Do you hear the solenoid "click"?

Copper line kinked in the back?

J.C.
                    1 year old
                    solenoid is fine
                    Copper line-no kinks

Comment

Originally posted by pipewrench View Post
                      It's possible the line has froze. I had a problem with my GE side by side (model-GSL25JFPH BS). Repairman visitied and told me almost $900.00 to replace the door. No other fix according to him. $90.00 for the visit. I emptied the fridge and shut it down for a day. Then started it up with the freezer at a lower setting. Been fine now for a year. Hope that helps.
                      Thx to you and everyone. I'll try the shut down procedure tonite. Frig. is a Hotpoint side by side. It gets water to the coupling at the bottom of the freezer side. It just won't go up the door to the dispenser.

Comment

Originally posted by pipewrench View Post
                        Wow. Sounds like Roto Rooter is branching out and getting into appliance repair
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i had the same problem with a top mount GE. service call resulted in "ya got the freezer set too cold". lowered the temperature to 32F, no more water flow problems. good luck.
                          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

here's a great site for the repair.

http://www.repairclinic.com/

Comment

i was working on a dishwasher onetime. i know, i know it's a fridge.

anyways, water was getting to the solenoid valve (SV)but wouldn't pass through it to the dishwasher tub.

i removed the SV and found a screen that had plugged right up with suspended matter (turbidity).

cleaned it out, good for another 10 000 washes.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X