X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom sink clogged

I have a clogged bathroom sink drain, actually two bathroom sink drains. The two sinks are opposite each other through a common wall. These two sinks are clogged and the shower and another sink upstream are not clogged so it is not in the common line they all feed into. I have snaked the sinks and the snake comes up and out the other sink. I have cleared out the line between them and filled it with enzyme cleaner, no go. I have cleaned out the line between them and filled it with Drano Max and no go. Plunging did not work, and yes I did plug up all of the sink overflows and drain on the other sink to make sure I had the best pressure seal but the vent stack prevents a seal. There is obviously a tee where the common sink drain lines connect and go down to the common drain line. Is there any way to “guide” a snake (or something) to get it to go down the tee? Or other suggestions?

Re: Bathroom sink clogged

A snake that has a "Drop Head" auger on it.

Get that Drano out of there..It's destroying your plumbing.

Comment

if it's a 1 story, the roof vent will usually be a good bet. as long as it's a run without any vent 90's (tight turn 90's)

otherwise take a flashlight and peek into the line once you removed a trap and 90. you should be able to easily guide the head of the snake down. usually a 1-2'' bend on the tip will allow you to point it down and make the correct turn.

a drop head cable is always a hit and miss chance.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

you could try this.

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

When it's all said and done and you have taken everything apart and can't put it back together without a leak and the line is still stopped up, go to your next door neighbor or call a good friend for a recommendation of someone who can take care of you.

Comment

go on the roof, and drop a cable down...then..when finished and its flowing
            install a clean out..above the drain
            sigpic
            30+ years as a plumber
            6 years in the Air Force

Comment

If you remove the trap to put the snake in, be careful as it probably still has residual drano in it. It is horrible on skin and will blind you in your eyes so take appropriate precautions.

If you call a drain cleaner make sure to warn him that you have used chemicals as well.

Comment

permanent fix
                Maybe cut open the wall and put in a clean out above the fitting.

Comment

If you can't go through the roof or cut the vent open in the attic to drop straight through the cross or "T"...

Call a professional drain cleaner. I encounter these crosses often and succeed 98% of the time.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Maybe this might be totally out to lunch cause I don't have a whole lot of plumbing experience but I have had a similar problem on a basin in my basement that was tied into a nearby laundry. I removed the trap and snaked all the way to the laundry and after putting the whole works back together it performed no better. I then took apart the mechanical pop up and cleaned the tailpiece thoroughly. It was COVERED in congealed soap, hair, toothpaste and other assorted nasty stuff as the basin was used to clean tools during a renovation before we moved into the house. Amazing what you find out when you take apart a drain. Anyways, to get to my point, try cleaning out the two tailpieces. Don't forget to re-seal them with silicone or plumbers putty if you remove them!

Comment

Working...
                    X