Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a stop tool

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a stop tool

    It has two threaded ends: 3/8" and 1/2". Thread the 3/8" end to hold an angle stop in place while you tighten down the nut onto your stub out. Anyone know where to find this tool? My suppy houses are of no help.
    Thanks everyone.

  • #2
    Re: Looking for a stop tool

    Originally posted by Big Jim
    Have you tried Ridgid's One-Stop tool? It's easier to use and a lot of apprentices like it. Go to the web site.
    Jim,
    I've seen this tool but not tried it (yet). Think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advise!

    Comment


    • #3
      Found them:

      Anyone here use these?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	d412540593a67521cf10514b980ed4ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	5739

      Click image for larger version

Name:	4c8595f9da838c497c52bf330f868690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	5740
      Last edited by D'Brie; 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Looking for a stop tool

        Pasco has some in their catalogue. I don't personally use them, but some of the track guys swear by them for finish time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Looking for a stop tool

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ies%26_fvi%3D1

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Found them:

            Originally posted by D'Brie View Post
            Anyone here use these?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	d412540593a67521cf10514b980ed4ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	5739

            Click image for larger version

Name:	4c8595f9da838c497c52bf330f868690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	5740
            the 3/8'', 1/2'' pipe tool is great.

            the combination 5/8'' x 15/16'' ratcheting box wrench is a joke if you really do angle stops.

            buy a separate 5/8'' and 15/16'' ratcheting box wrench. it's much easier on the hands and much faster.

            yes i own the red one, but i also own multiple 5/8 and 15/16 along with a complete set from 3/8''- 15/16''. in fact i even have a ridgid roll pouch with the 3/8''- 5/8'' set they use to sell.

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Looking for a stop tool

              Hey Guys,
              thanks for all the info and help. Have a good weekend.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Found them:

                the combination 5/8'' x 15/16'' ratcheting box wrench is a joke if you really do angle stops.

                Rick, can you expand upon this? Is the tool too long? Difficult to ratchet? Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Looking for a stop tool

                  Originally posted by D'Brie View Post
                  It has two threaded ends: 3/8" and 1/2". Thread the 3/8" end to hold an angle stop in place while you tighten down the nut onto your stub out. Anyone know where to find this tool? My suppy houses are of no help.
                  Thanks everyone.
                  Funny, I've never thought of an angle stop needing a special tool.

                  I've just been using two small crescents all this time.

                  I could see me buying it and then going back to the crescents when I can't find this special tool at the bottom of my tool box.

                  It's a neat idea though.

                  Lenny

                  Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                  I know, it doesn't make sense.


                  http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Found them:

                    Originally posted by D'Brie View Post
                    the combination 5/8'' x 15/16'' ratcheting box wrench is a joke if you really do angle stops.

                    Rick, can you expand upon this? Is the tool too long? Difficult to ratchet? Thanks.
                    try wrenching 400 angle stops a day with that tool.

                    the handle is actually the other side of the wrench. not very comfortable.

                    plus when you're doing the 3/8'' comp/ 5/8'' box, the 15/16 becomes the handle and it's way too bulky.

                    believe me, buy a separate 5/8'', and 15/16 tool.

                    the combination 3/8''/ 1/2'' hold back tool/ pipe is great. wish i thought of that years ago.

                    if you really want the combination ratchet tool, mine doesn't get used.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Looking for a stop tool

                      I have the One Stop tool. I like it. They work well, tie together. Use them when the situation arises. Small enough for tight places, big enough for leverage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Found them:

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        try wrenching 400 angle stops a day with that tool.

                        the handle is actually the other side of the wrench. not very comfortable.

                        plus when you're doing the 3/8'' comp/ 5/8'' box, the 15/16 becomes the handle and it's way too bulky.

                        believe me, buy a separate 5/8'', and 15/16 tool.

                        the combination 3/8''/ 1/2'' hold back tool/ pipe is great. wish i thought of that years ago.

                        if you really want the combination ratchet tool, mine doesn't get used.

                        rick.
                        Got it! Thanks for the info and the generous offer. If you say the tool is not up to the task at hand, I believe you. Why re-invent the wheel? I'll go the separate route or Rigid One Stop.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Found them:

                          Originally posted by D'Brie View Post
                          Anyone here use these?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	d412540593a67521cf10514b980ed4ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	5739

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	4c8595f9da838c497c52bf330f868690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	5740
                          That is same exact one I use. I had Southern Pipe & Supply order mine direct from manufacture. Can't remeber brand though. Maybe I can look at your pic closer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Found them:

                            Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                            That is same exact one I use. I had Southern Pipe & Supply order mine direct from manufacture. Can't remeber brand though. Maybe I can look at your pic closer.
                            Pasco sells it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X