Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: can a drum auger break a plastic pipe?

If the pipe was laid correctly and if the pipe is in good condition and if the right type of pipe was used, then a cable machine could not break the pipe. The real problem was wipes being flushed down into a septic system. That is a big no-no. Septic system means no wipes, condoms, tampons, tampon applicators and any kitchen grease and food from a garbage disposer. So Home owner should know not to put those things down the drain and land lord should instruct renter not to do that either. As mentioned before, Plumbers find breaks in pipes not create them.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Freezing water destroys roads, concrete, Rocks. Remember that Rock arch in Utah that fell down. No reason to believe plastic pipe is gonna hold up to it.

Comment

I agree with the theory that the pipe was broken/something wrong before the clog, and that the clog started the pipe freezing. Something must have hung it up first.

why is the pipe somewhere outside where it can be frozen? What's the frost level in htis area.

Comment

I the area where I plumbed in Wisconsin the water service was 5' deep, that was in the southwest part of the state.

Alot of frost heave in that part of the country, they fish on the Mississippi in the winter by removing a section of floor board in their vehicle and driving out onto the river and drilling a hole down thru the ice.
          sigpic
          www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Four to Five feet for the Average Wisconsin Winter.

Comment

Working...
            X