X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Caulk Blob?

Have you ever noticed in a 135 where the tank to bowl gasket seats there is a blob of urethane type caulk in the hole? Why?

J.C.

Re: Mansfield Caulk Blob?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Have you ever noticed in a 135 where the tank to bowl gasket seats there is a blob of urethane type caulk in the hole? Why?

J.C.
    I have noticed, as for an answer... i've got nothing.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Anybody else. BigJim probably knows but is gonna' let me suffer awhile.

J.C.

Comment

look at you turning into a slightly more masculine Mary Higgins Clark buddy!

Comment

Loves plumbing, loves to dance.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            look at you turning into a slightly more masculine Mary Higgins Clark buddy!
            Who is this? Do they work at Mansfield?

J.C.

Comment

Thats fuuny I actually touched it one time cause I wasnt sure what it was. I love being a plumber.
              You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Damn folks,

this is an easy one.

It's a hole that's installed to gain access to interior of bowl during the fab process, then sealed since it isn't designed to act as part of the flushing process.

There's usually more than one, just can't see it all the time.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

"How It's Made" program on Discovery showing how a commode is made step by step. Dunbar triggered my memory, thanks. Commode starts at 1 minute mark on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsWBV...eature=related

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

That "glob" is a secondary insurance to prevent gas leaks from the sewer.
                    The trap is closed on the inside, but there is a space in between the rim and body. There has to be a vent opening to prevent the bowl from blowing up while it is being fired in the kiln, the "glob" is put on afterwards while it is being graded, otherwise people would think there is a leak there.
                    We are making changes to do this a different way, which is in production already.

Comment

Originally posted by em260mm View Post
                      The trap is closed on the inside, but there is a space in between the rim and body. There has to be a vent opening to prevent the bowl from blowing up while it is being fired in the kiln, the "glob" is put on afterwards while it is being graded, otherwise people would think there is a leak there.
                      We are making changes to do this a different way, which is in production already.
                      Thanks.
                      Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by em260mm View Post
                        This is right. I had Mansfield contact me about it. How did they find the thread?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                        X