Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen 7650 lever action

Hello all
    I tried to help a friend fix his leaky faucet, by replacing the cartridge and the two o-rings
    on the stem. Leak was fixed, but the lever now has play in it. When the lever is pressed up,
    the water turns on, but the lever "gravitates" back down. The water stays on until the lever
    is pushed down though. I don't remember anything falling out after the lever assembly was
    pulled off. It is just a metal lever going through a plastic housing. There is a notch in the lever
    that rides a raised groove in the plastic cap.
    I couldn't find any schematics online, and the faucet is no longer listed on Moen's site.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    thanx
    mike
    Last edited by Mike from Pa; 02-15-2009, 05:35 PM.

Re: Moen 7650 lever action

is there a packing nut holding the cartridge down, or is it a retaining clip?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

There is a clip that goes through the stem and cartridge, and then a nut on top of that.

Comment

Sounds like you put in a plastic cartridge, (that's OK I think they are better than the brass ones). You have two options, one is to remove the cartridge and push the inside stainless portion completely out of the the housing. Then take a paper towel or a clean rag and wipe some of the grease from the "O" rings. You can then reassemble and see if this helped. If you don't like it you may have to do this again. Your second option is to do nothing and wait a week or so and this problem will most likely go away. One more thing, have you noticed that the handle is not real smooth when you shut the faucet off but it seems to turn on OK? If so get back to us.

Comment

When I redo the moens this happens for a day or 2 then returns to normal.If this makes you nuts you can do like Rookie recommends.

Comment

Darn, it's just a stinking faucet. From the title of this
            thread I thought there was a a new lever action rifle out.

Easy now, just trying to inject a bit of humor.
            Don't get your O-Rings out of joint.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

On some of the Moen handles under the handle trim piece there is a bottle opener looking portion that must align in a groove in the retainer cap above the cartridge, or play will result in handle. It can be difficult to snap this portion in place sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X