X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Kohler shower system

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. I am getting ready to install a kohler shower system including two 54 nozzle body sprays, a 54 nozzle shower head, and a 4 tile overhead water tile. The thermostatic valve and volume control valves are 3/4" but all the fixtures have 1/2" inlets. When is the best time/place to reduce? Also when building a pressure balancing loop for the body sprays I am confused on how to "T" off to the body sprays. Best of all this is all in a 2 X 4 wall.

Re: Installing Kohler shower system

Are you doing this yourself?

What's the list of valves?

The list of showerheads & sprays?

J.C.

(I might have missed it in the first post)

Comment

Yes I am doing this myself, unfortunately. I have a kohler thermostatic mixing valve, 3/4". I think the number is K-669. Then I have 3 volume control valves (kohler 671 I think) , one to the body sprays (kohler 8002, two of them), one to the shower head ( kohler 8022), and one to the overhead watertile (8030).

Comment

There are lots of variables to your layout. Almost got to be looking at it to tell you accurately. You might be better off paying a plumber to help you lay it out. Then do it yourself if you'd like.

You'll still save money. You'll just spend a little getting a professional to help you avoid mistakes.

My opinion.

J.C.

Comment

I hope you have a SERIOUS water heater! By the way, AlGore wants to talk to you!

Comment

Go to Kohler.com and they have a performance showering planner , it shows the general way to pipe in most of the items that you have , and you can fit it in a 3 - 1/2 wall but it's tight . Reduce the pipe as close to the head as you can , it gives the head as much volumne as possible
            Last edited by leakfree; 02-19-2009, 08:34 PM.
            Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Its going to be hard to get all that inside a 4" wall. The finish trim will give you fits. Try to get a 6" wall it will save you trouble in the end. I learned the hard way.

Comment

Working...
              X