Help Needed-Irratic Flushing Am Std Toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed-Irratic Flushing Am Std Toilet

i just replaced two 3.5 gallon flush toilets. Both installed in 1980. H.O. said they didn't flush well. So I turned off the water flushed and plunged the water out. When I got the toilets to the truck one still had poo coming out the bottom, the other had T. P. hanging out. I think that sometimes toilets are not made so well they have imperfections in the porcelain or something so they just don't work right.

Comment

Originally posted by sprdoorman View Post
      Wife is fed up with it.

Just took 23 years of nagging for me to get around to do something about it.

Carl
      Keep the toilet, get rid of the wife.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Those troubleshooters and diagnosticians (gnostics who live for today) who are new to the forum since May 2008 might like visiting this thread.
        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18061

If you have the patience then start at page one and see if you can diagnose the problem. (Hint, it's nothing mentioned so far in the present thread.)
        The poster of the current thread may want to just skip to the last page, it might answer his current dilemma. Or not.

And congratulations again to the amazing Mrs. Seatdown who asked all the right questions and got it right...in the end.
        Last edited by SlimTim; 02-20-2009, 09:11 PM.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          Those troubleshooters and diagnosticians (gnostics who live for today) who are new to the forum since May 2008 might like visiting this thread.
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18061

If you have the patience then start at page one and see if you can diagnose the problem. (Hint, it's nothing mentioned so far in the present thread.)
          The poster of the current thread may want to just skip to the last page, it might answer his current dilemma. Or not.

And congratulations again to the amazing Mrs. Seatdown who asked all the right questions and got it right...in the end.
          That is interesting, thanks for that.

I've had situations where the problem could not be figured out and just replaced the commode assuming a crack somewhere.

I've never noticed a crack under the flush valve though. I will keep an eye out.

One time I augered a commode and the auger came out the back of the commode.

Another time I augered a commode and left the job only to be called back later for a leak. I couldn't tell where the water on the floor was coming from at first, but after drying the floor I noticed it was coming from the front of the commode. Then noticed a few drips of water stream down from the front of the commode. When looking closer I could see a slight crack on the outside of the front of commode from the left side to the right side. As if someone was standing behind it and slit it's throat.

Apparently my auger broke the commode. Rare but it happens.

In fact these are the only two times I can think of in 14 years.

Comment

"Is this the Jet that that you can see in the bottom of the bowl that points directly to the rear of the toilet?"
            Yes
            Use a small(dental) mirror to look up the hole. If it is still there you will have to break it in two(the knockout, not the bowl) to get it out. It was punched before the glaze was applied.
            Good luck
            Mike
            Last edited by myakka; 02-21-2009, 09:59 AM. Reason: sanitary sanity

Comment

Working...
            X