Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Ever Have One of Those Weeks Where?....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Ever Have One of Those Weeks Where?....

Everything you touch turns to crap? Even the simplest repairs turn out to be a mind blowing nightmare

Monday: Tighten a packing nut on a new boiler drain. Nut splits open starts spraying water everywhere. Main water valve in in another unit and I have no access. The nut wasn't even leaking. I just like to snug the new ones up. 30 minute before I can get the keys to shut water off.

Tuesday: Installed a new Rinnai tankless heater. All done and cleaning up. Whoops!, forgot to foam around the brick. Press the button and the top explodes foam all over me, the heater and my tool bag. Didn't stop spewing until it was empty. You'de be surprised how much foam comes out of a little can. Another 2 hours to clean up that crap. Ended up throwing half my tools away

Wednesday: The valet finds me at the bar to tell me my wife's car won't start and it's blocking the drive. The manager says: Get it moved! I guess that $250 battery I had installed at the Volkswagon dealership last week was garbage.

Thursday: Nothing happened really except the helper was seen nailing a pigeon out of a customers bird bath at 30' with his slingshot. WTF??!! It's not enough I need to double check every single plumbing item you touch? Now, I gotta tell you NOT to kill the birds in the customers front yard that they are trying to attract? What do you mean no one told you it was illegal to kill and eat birds in the city?

Friday: Easy day. 2 toilet repairs. Customer calls back 2 hour later-still leaks. Loose toilet bolts. Gently tighten them up. As I'm walking out of the bathroom I hear SNAP! I know that sound. Do I keep walking and pretend I didn't? Na, I look back. Bowl broken. I procede to break the PVC flange during the installation of her new free bowl, too

I love my job...I love my job...I love my job....

I wonder what tommorrow brings....

Re: You Ever Have One of Those Weeks Where?....

Have a nice bottle of wine tonight! You deserve it. Keep your chin up.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Quit your whining and get back to work.
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the movie "Ground Hog Day" except in your case it was Friday the 13th........ all week. Hope you didn't play the lottery. It's weeks like that which helps you to appreciate the good ones though.

Comment

I got a call from a customer of mine who a is a contractor.. Roughed in a bathroom for him a month ago, he set the fixtures himself.

Called me to tell me he enjoys to new style of toilet that I supplied, which heats the bowl with hot water.....
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

PC and Big Pipe You two have just made my day!! Thanks.

Comment

crack,

at the very least, you got us.

Vince

you shall persevere

i draw the line at group hugs okay

Comment

I don't look forward to when these things happen especially when they happen all in one week.

Looking back though, I learn a lot from these experiences. They make me a better plumber in the long run.

These things will never stop happening. But the challenge of plumbing is kind of what keeps me in the trade. I enjoy it overall.

When you get home, take a long shower, wind down, relax, it's over, for now.

Tomorrows a new day with a whole new set of challenges.

Comment

Nice !!!!

This is why we do what we do, if it was easy they'd be women and children doing it !

sigpic
                  www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

What a wonderful world,we live in. Just think of all the fun we have.
                    Now go and break another toliet.Man,the fun never stops.
                    Kenneth Collier
                    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                    Jackson, MS 39206
                    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
                      Nice !!!!

This is why we do what we do, if it was easy they'd be women and children doing it !

Funny you should mention that. I worked as a helper for a licensed female plumber.

She would reach into a dirty toilet without a second thought.

Something I've never done and will never do without latex.

Her main problem was lack of upper body strength.

We would drive around town and point out sexy women to each other.

But yeah, if it were easy our phones would never ring.

Comment

Wow, I thought that crap only happened to me.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

let us know how next week goes

Comment

At least you can fix what you break! So, how did those pigeons cook up?
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

When you have an 'I Hate My Job day'

[Even if you're retired, you sometimes have those days]
                              Try this out:
                              On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson &Johnson

Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed.

Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair. Open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.
                              Now the fun part begins.

Take out the literature from the box and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement:

'Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson &Johnson is personally tested and then sanitized. '

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times,'I am so glad I do not work in the thermometer quality control department at Johnson &Johnson.'

HAVE A NICE DAY; AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE A$$ THAN YOURS!

See there no so bad was it

G3

Comment

Working...
                              X