new shower install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new shower install

I have a 1/2 bath in my basement and I'm "THINKING" about putting a shower enclosure in there. I know I'll have to cut the concrete slab to tie the drain in. I do have plenty of access to the drain behind the vanity. Question #1 Can I tie in the drain at this point?
    Question #2 How can I tie into the cast iron drain?

P.S. There is nothing I can't handle with a little guidance

Thanx

Snipit
    Last edited by snipit73; 02-21-2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: pic

Re: new shower install

Sure ...build an elevated base for the shower :-)

Dave

Comment

anything is possible, the drain is easy though do you know how you are going to tie in the vent?

Comment

This is kinda how you would do it,

I could explain better if need be......

You would also want to change a few things as well, so this is no means the 100% way, but will let you know what is involved......

Comment

Yes you can tie into the existing drain in your basement
          since it is cast you will have to use no hub couplings to make your connections
          You can vent the shower using a air admittance valve or if the venting for the half bath is accessable it is best if you tie into it

Comment

if you are unfamiliar with plumbing I might suggest you consult with a local professional that you can trust.
            They may charge you a fee for the consult but it may be worth it to you knowing the job is done right

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              anything is possible, the drain is easy though do you know how you are going to tie in the vent?
              No I don't know. The pic shown is the back side of the sink to where the shower would be next to. The 2" galv. pipe goes thru the roof. The wye and the other galv. pipe is the vent that reconnects to the stack above the upstairs sink. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanx
              Snip

Comment

Working...
              X