Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sewer Line and Tree Roots

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
    I thought this would be a good opportunity to let out a little secret since you brought it up. As of January 1st, 2010 RootX is restricted for sale on any third party auction sites. A plumbing company can sell the product on their own company site. However sites restricted include companies such as Ebay, Amazon, yahoo, ect. There are numerous reasons why the owners and president of RootX has chosen to go this route and it would take pages to explain them.
    rootx is not suppose to be for sale on ebay anymore.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence
      So here is an update on this eBay issue. eBay will not work with us in removing the listings they told us that the people listing the RootX on eBay is not violating any laws or eBay policies. I have tried every angle on this and they are just not working with us.

I know some of you are saying "just stop selling to them". We would except we don't know who they are. They have no personal information and we have created an eBay account to communicate with them but they refuse to heed to our policies. So what we have done is purchased jars from them to try and get their address, company name, phone number, anything really. If we find out who they are they will not longer be able to purchase RootX from us or our resellers. We take this very seriously, RootX does not want anyone selling our product on any third party website, that includes eBay, Amazon, Google ect.

Guys I know how frustrating it is to have a homeowner question your price when they can purchase it online for cheaper. Just remind them that we will not service them and will not warranty the product if purchased through an auction site. The one yr guarantee is if RootX is applied by a licensed plumbing / drain cleaning professional!

I just wanted you guys to know that I am doing the best I can since I was put in charge of enforcing this new company policy.

If you guys have any ideas I am open to suggestions? This has been truly a thorn in my side for the past eight months .
      As a non-plumber, I find this attitude disappointing. Unless there are special tools or training required to use your product, your efforts appears to be little-more than price fixing. Can you imagine if you couldn't buy engine oil at a discount store and had to buy it directly from Ford or Autozone? Shoot, you can even buy cans of R134a at Wal-Mart!

Plumbers should be encouraging their customers to use inexpensive, self-help fixes where possible and use them for the skilled work. I just had a plumber out to auger my main sewer, and he was full of suggestions to retard root growth. That he didn't try to lock me into a "treatment program" will get him my business for a long time....

Matt

Comment

put serial numbers on the inside of caps like soda pop. or on the label. or inside of tub, harder to remove there. don't mention your doing it. then buy some. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by kwajkid View Post
          As a non-plumber, I find this attitude disappointing. Unless there are special tools or training required to use your product, your efforts appears to be little-more than price fixing. Can you imagine if you couldn't buy engine oil at a discount store and had to buy it directly from Ford or Autozone? Shoot, you can even buy cans of R134a at Wal-Mart!

Plumbers should be encouraging their customers to use inexpensive, self-help fixes where possible and use them for the skilled work. I just had a plumber out to auger my main sewer, and he was full of suggestions to retard root growth. That he didn't try to lock me into a "treatment program" will get him my business for a long time....

Matt
          Only problem is most DIYers use rootx wrong and say the product does not work. Why many reasons Was the sewer inspected for sags? Holding water? blockages blocking the foaming action of The Rootx? Was it mixed and applied properly? Was the proper amount used? Just because you can buy a product does not mean they know how to use it. There is more to just buying rootx and dumping it down the sewer.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence
            So here is an update on this eBay issue. eBay will not work with us in removing the listings they told us that the people listing the RootX on eBay is not violating any laws or eBay policies. I have tried every angle on this and they are just not working with us.

I know some of you are saying "just stop selling to them". We would except we don't know who they are. They have no personal information and we have created an eBay account to communicate with them but they refuse to heed to our policies. So what we have done is purchased jars from them to try and get their address, company name, phone number, anything really. If we find out who they are they will not longer be able to purchase RootX from us or our resellers. We take this very seriously, RootX does not want anyone selling our product on any third party website, that includes eBay, Amazon, Google ect.

Guys I know how frustrating it is to have a homeowner question your price when they can purchase it online for cheaper. Just remind them that we will not service them and will not warranty the product if purchased through an auction site. The one yr guarantee is if RootX is applied by a licensed plumbing / drain cleaning professional!

I just wanted you guys to know that I am doing the best I can since I was put in charge of enforcing this new company policy.

If you guys have any ideas I am open to suggestions? This has been truly a thorn in my side for the past eight months .
            Not only that. Is the product real? Is it old? Has it been opened and mixed with other stuff to make more fake bottles of RootX? When they buy from a professional you get it applied right and guaranteed by professionals and Rootx. That is worth the few extra bucks.
            Dan if you really want to know who they are ship yourself in the next shipment jump out of the box and say I got you No more RootX for you.
            Last edited by UnClogNH; 08-03-2010, 02:42 PM.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
              Only problem is most DIYers use rootx wrong and say the product does not work. Why many reasons Was the sewer inspected for sags? Holding water? blockages blocking the foaming action of The Rootx? Was it mixed and applied properly? Was the proper amount used? Just because you can buy a product does not mean they know how to use it. There is more to just buying rootx and dumping it down the sewer.
              While I understand the sentiment, name a single chemical product where this is not true. By extension of this argument, no one should ever DIY as he'd just do it wrong. Try telling that to a gearhead who wants to recharge the a/c on his car and is perfectly capable of following the service manual....

Whether we agree or not, RootX has made an interesting decision. They prop up the price of their product by requiring it to be sold through professionals, but in doing this they also severely limit their volume. This is pretty much begging for arbitrage, which is exactly what's happening. They can track down individual sellers and cut them off, but as long as there's a professional premium there will be a grey market.

Matt

Comment

matt, right and wrong. not everyone is selling the rootx at a large markup. i for one will easily sell it for less than online when you take into account the shipping cost.

what you seem to miss is the fact that this is a chemical and needs to be treated like one. just like a/c freon, i can't purchase it at a supply house without a license. even 134a requires a license beyond the little 1# cans.

there are some manufacturers that are wholesale only. they don't sell retail to the public. rootx is now 1 of them.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  matt, right and wrong. not everyone is selling the rootx at a large markup. i for one will easily sell it for less than online when you take into account the shipping cost.

rick.
                  The markup online is not that high like you said for most of the sites I see. I sell it online and the markup is not high at all. If you want to see a market that does the same thing, look at hot tub filters. Those have a HUGE markup on them.
                  Michigan plumber | RootX | Buy Bio Clean

Comment

Originally posted by CSP Drain Cleaning View Post
                    The markup online is not that high like you said for most of the sites I see. I sell it online and the markup is not high at all. If you want to see a market that does the same thing, look at hot tub filters. Those have a HUGE markup on them.
                    Do You have a site for My sun dance filters ? Thanks
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X