woke up with a problem ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woke up with a problem ?????

hey guys . have a bit of a problem here . i live in alberta & it was only about -12 last night . im in a mobile home . i woke up & ran some water & it came out warm from the cold side & i thought thats weird ? so i shut it off & tryed it again about 10 min latter & there was nothing , no water at all .so i checked the fuse box & every thing was fine turned on some other taps & the same , nothing . i left the kitchen sink on & water will come for a bit then stops & its been starting & stoping for about half hour now . i checked my pressure tank & it seems to be acting a bit weird aswell when theres pressure the water flows & it drops pressure & no water . i have heat tape on the pipes as they go through the floor . im on a well too . any suggestions ???

thankx

Re: woke up with a problem ?????

ok heres a dumb question > do you have to bleed air from the pressure tank ???

Comment

Submersible pump or jet pump?
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

ok how do you determin if it is ? the water gergles from the tap to when it stops running & starts running again it spits & burps

Comment

submersible= pump is in the well.

Jet= pump is in the home or a well house.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            submersible= pump is in the well.

Jet= pump is in the home or a well house.
            Good call, sounds like air issue or frozen

Comment

ok ill only have one or the other right ?? its a submersble . if its air what would i do ?
              i went out & lifted it pump (about 4") just to see how heavy it was & when i turned te power back o it droped (luckly for me the wire caught ) but it was running . i shut the power back off & pulled it back up . what does it sit on down there ? i didnt wreck anything by doing that did i ? i can hear water running down inside the well ??
              Last edited by cilton; 02-22-2009, 02:23 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by cilton View Post
                ok ill only have one or the other right ?? its a submersble . if its air what would i do ?
                i went out & lifted it pump (about 4") just to see how heavy it was & when i turned te power back o it droped (luckly for me the wire caught ) but it was running . i shut the power back off & pulled it back up . what does it sit on down there ? i didnt wreck anything by doing that did i ? i can hear water running down inside the well ??
                Sounds like you pulled the well pipe out of the pitless adapter. It connects the pipe inside the well to the one running to the house. Take a flash light and look in the well to see. The pitless has a thread on top you can thread a piece of pipe into. Then you can pick it up and slide it down into the receiver.

Comment

ok thanks . can any one tell me if there is a web site that would have good illistrations of a whole well assembly ?
                  Last edited by cilton; 02-25-2009, 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

<http://www.purdue.edu/envirosoft/private/src/pumppro1.htm>

Comment

ok thankx for all the elp . now i just finnaly got the pitless adapter hooked back up (what a job lol) now i have very little pressure & the water was pretty dirty , like rust flakes it has cleared up a but but its just trickling out ??? could my pressure tank be gone ? its kind of making a thud sound on the controll??

Comment

O.K. A number of questions--
                        How deep is the well?
                        Is the well casing iron or plastic?
                        Is the pressure tank steel or fibre glass?
                        Is there a filter in the line? (after the pressure tank)
                        How old is the well?
                        Is there a faucet at the bottom of the pressure tank?

Comment

did you turn the pump off while it wasnt on th pitless? if not you pump is probably burnt out. how did you get the drop pipe back on the pitless? you didnt use the wires did you? if you did you will have to pull the pump all the way out and run new wires down, you may have loosened a connection on the pump and only have 120v to it as opposed to 220. the rust is no big deal, just run the pump for a while to clear it out. If you have a filter it may just be clogged.

What kind of tank do you have, I am thinking it may be a galvanized on that lost its air and you are short cycling, no big deal just charge it to 28 PSI with a compressor. It can be a lot of things, you may be best to get a plumber or well contractor out to solve your problems quickly with minimal future disruption

Comment

Your well tank should not be an issue. From what you've stated so far I think one of the following:

The line is clogged or frozen.
                            The pump is failing.
                            The water level is below the pump. (Probably not)
                            Wiring is bad.

Might want to call a professional to get things going.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                            X