Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Of copper or ABS... or...

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Real art Plumbworker. I'd probably have the "East Coast Burn" all over the place.

Why are they insistent on enforcing DWV this way there?

J.C.
    Cast Iron or Copper for resi over three floors.This is a custom home where there is enough money to pay for the clean work of copper.

Lower budget/knowledge would be fighting in the cast.

Comment

I thought the OP said that inspections insisted upon metallic for any DWV & was just curious why?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Nice looking work.

You guys were asking how much to charge per fixture

I wouldn't want to have to look at the price of realestate in the neighborhood your puting this in.

They let you drill through that Paralamb in that span?

Nice working on jobs that have money in them.
        1)I was asking WHAT..??

2)this job is in pacific heights very rich area of san fran

3)umm no i try to drill as many unseccesary beams as possible

4) i think this job was a 5million dollar remodel

Comment

I thought the OP said that inspections insisted upon metallic for any DWV & was just curious why?

J.C.
          no you can put abs in a 1 bath single story home..but theres not that many of those around.. i've never worked with plastic waste period!! the reason for metallic is because copper and c/i dont burn and put off toxic smoke to fire fighters etc.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
            1)I was asking WHAT..??

2)this job is in pacific heights very rich area of san fran

3)umm no i try to drill as many unseccesary beams as possible

4) i think this job was a 5million dollar remodel
            Too bad we aren't face to face.Makes this so much easier.

1)People here a few weeks ago were asking how much do other members on the forum charge per fixture when Tool was talking about projects in his area.It wasn't about you.

3)I asked for a reason....
            I can't see where the beam loads.The powers that be may want to know why I didn't use the drop.

Comment

1) It was me as Tool said it was 2 or 3 g's per fixture. (I think that's the right number)

Yes that's higher than here which is fine as prices & cost of living are all over the place everywhere. I didn't care if it was 10 g's per fixture.

What I didn't understand with Tool's pricing system is that didn't cover labor & materials if I recall. So why have the fixture price at all? Didn't understand what it included and the point of having it.

J.C.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

see that upright wye on the 2" thats picking up another island sink and that penetration is the foot vent in order to maintain pitch had to be drilled.

Comment

Comment

Is that a relief vent of sorts at the W/M setup or a drain from above?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

And are those wraparounds at the sole plate considered to be fireproofing?

J.C.

Comment

Plumbworker,
                        Thanks for the info.Didn't meen to set you on defense

The majority of plumbers should be looking at your work in awe and appreciating the fact that your instalation is in itself clean but you also take the neccessary steps to not deface the other trades work.Many others hardly take the time to make their work look presentable let alone caring wether or not they fry the living ---- out of the others.

Nice work.I'm glad you have earned the right to be on projects that pay you to do it so cleanly.I've been on them.

Also to add,another advantage to the DWV is the fact that on remodel up there the new No hub typically won't go back in where old leaded fittings come out so the copper can go in without either hacking out oversize holes or reframing.

ADAM

Comment

And are those wraparounds at the sole plate considered to be fireproofing?

J.C.
                          Private residences in my area do not enforce fire caulking.Always in multi-family and non combustable commercial.

Do you guys fire caulk out there J.C.?

Your question does make sense.

Comment

Is that a relief vent of sorts at the W/M setup or a drain from above?

Thanks.

J.C.
                            it's picking up a lav on the floor above.. i havent been on jobs large enough for relief vents in a long long time...

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                              What's holding up these TJI's?
                              Don't tell me the framer thinks end nailing is going to cut it.
                              Or are you so good the framer is trying to hurry to stay in front of you that he's going to drop back and put them on while the homeowner spills out her "bag of a hundred changes".That's the other plus of high dollar jobs like this,you can bid low knowing that they are going to double the budget with change orders that can be billed T+M.

Comment

A little bit of burnt paralamb... but i swear... those sweats are near perfection!

i'm no pro by any stretch... just a DIYer... and everytime i look at plubming work... the first thing i go for are the sweats... and most often times... when you see no lead drips... well.. .it's done by a pro... and you my friend... are a pro... in every sense of the word!

hats off!

Comment

Working...
                                X