X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tankless? Never installed one

Why any outside installations? On remodels We often do a new elec service. I do the main disconnect outside and all breakers in a separate panel ,usually in the garage. Reason, Mom doesn't have to go out in the rain at night with a flashlight to reset a breaker. I like My water Heater in the garage for the same reason,more or less
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re:

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Why any outside installations? On remodels We often do a new elec service. I do the main disconnect outside and all breakers in a separate panel ,usually in the garage. Reason, Mom doesn't have to go out in the rain at night with a flashlight to reset a breaker. I like My water Heater in the garage for the same reason,more or less
    tankless? Never installed one.

that's a good thing. keep it that way and stick to the tank heaters, you can thank me later with another steak

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

that's a good thing. keep it that way and stick to the tank heaters, you can thank me later with another steak

rick.
      I actually never installed a "tankless" either, back in the day I however did a lot of tank water heaters

How come you don't like tankless Rick?

I am curious, and if you have time, please let me know,

Thanks !!

Comment

Re: tankless? Never installed one

No Vent,as long as your far enough below eave.

Could be very easy to get gas and water to it running across a flat exterior wall.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
          I actually never installed a "tankless" either, back in the day I however did a lot of tank water heaters

How come you don't like tankless Rick?

I am curious, and if you have time, please let me know,

Thanks !!
          You're kidding right?

You've got a lot of reading to do.
          Search "Tankless"

ADAM

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            I follow Your counsel Brother. I'll go broke in Ohio,Must be up to 4 now
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have installed 1 and Takagi, TK-jr, in my buddies shop for a hand washing sink, he was tired of never having enough hot water with his 12 gallon Rheem. He bought the unit for 800, so far no complaints, I wouldn't put one in my house but if the price comes down on the I DO see them replacing the smaller 6 to 12 gallon waterheaters in applications similiar to the above

Comment

1. Never run out of hot water (as long as you have power and gas)
                2. Does not take up room in a closet or other living space
                3. Less noise
                4. Easier to service (less mess with the vinegar)
                5. Less chance of water damage.
                6. No vent piping through the roof or wall
                7. Can put on almost on any exterior wall (some clearances to maintain)

Comment

Working...
                X