Tieing Pool pump into sewer line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tieing Pool pump into sewer line

I have a customer that wants the "drain" on their pool pump tied into the sewer line. Its a 2in pipe coming off of the pump. The ground is pretty level between the pump and where I can access the sewer line, so a slope is going to be difficult. Do I really need a slope even though its a pump and not a gravity drain? Will I have any problems if I tie it in and its not sloped?

Also, what code or legal issues are there with tieing a pool drain into a sewerline? I assume, that since they paid sewage on the water when the filled the pool they have a right to empty the pool into a sewer line.

Re: Tieing Pool pump into sewer line

cant tie in a pool pump to a sewer line here.

storm drain only.

check with local inspectors.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

storm drain only.

I plan on checking the local code, the biggest problem I am worried about though is the slope. will I have an issue if there is no slope?

Comment

Not at all worried about the sewage backing up into the pool.

Comment

sewage Pool, Pool sewage, SEWAGE POOL

There is absolutly no way that you can or should ever connect a swimming pool and a sewage line, unless you want a pool full of bacteria. Don't even think about doing this much less trying to get a permit to do it unless you want to be laughed at by the code officer.
          sigpic

Comment

All i can see is a house full of water if the sewer stopped up ...NOT GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              sewage Pool, Pool sewage, SEWAGE POOL

There is absolutly no way that you can or should ever connect a swimming pool and a sewage line, unless you want a pool full of bacteria. Don't even think about doing this much less trying to get a permit to do it unless you want to be laughed at by the code officer.
              Haha, WOW!!! Cant believe I was stupid enough to not think about this before hand. The sad part is that another company, local plumbing company, as already submitted their bid to tie the pool pump into the sewage line.

Comment

WHAT ABOUT GOING WITH A INDIRECT WASTE RECEPTACLE(FLOOR SINK), AND USING AN AIR GAP.jUST MY 2 CENTS. AN AIR GAP IS THE ULTIMATE IN BACKFLOW PROTECTION.

Comment

NO!!! Do it right please!! pool into a drywell sized to hande backwashing and winterization if needed. By dumping that water into the sewer system you are contributing to the over taxation of our sewer plants. Just do it right and drain into a drywell, cant darin to the storm sewer without dechlorinization, there is no treatment for this stuff after it goes into the catch basin

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                    WHAT ABOUT GOING WITH A INDIRECT WASTE RECEPTACLE(FLOOR SINK), AND USING AN AIR GAP.jUST MY CENTS. AN AIR GAP IS THE ULTIMATE IN BACKFLOW PROTECTION.
                    Sooooo How many Fixture units is the output of the pool pump?

How big of a line do you think you will need to service this floor sink?

You are looking at flows of 70-110 gallons per minute so I would say you would need to use a commericial 5" or 6" trap.
                    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the homeowner does not have a 6" sewer service...

May need to rethink the floor sink idea

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      Sooooo How many Fixture units is the output of the pool pump?

How big of a line do you think you will need to service this floor sink?

You are looking at flows of 70-110 gallons per minute so I would say you would need to use a commericial 5" or 6" trap.
                      I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the homeowner does not have a 6" sewer service...

May need to rethink the floor sink idea

So true!

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                        Not at all worried about the sewage backing up into the pool.
                        What about if you add a Check Valve so It dont back up.

Comment

Originally posted by LoKo498 View Post
                          What about if you add a Check Valve so It dont back up.
                          Please reread the posts you cant drain pool water into a sewer legally in ny and im I am not mistaken anywhere due to the overtaking of sewer treatment plants

Comment

D#MN BOYS!!! EASY,NOW EASY, FLOOR SINK WAS JUST AN IDEA.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

storm drain only.

Looks like this was answered in 1 post to me.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X