X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Parts for Case Two-Piece toilet

I am trying to find information and parts for this toilet. I am able to find info/parts about the Case one-piece toilets. But I cannot seem to find any info about this two-piece Case toilet.

The lid and tank are also stamped 28, along with the number pictured 7(1)346/ 7346.

This newbie would appreciate any replies,
    Cheers

Re: Need Parts for Case Two-Piece toilet

briggs has taken over for case.

i actually have that flush valve in stock.

truthfully, a new toilet would be cheaper than fixing that case toilet.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The truth hurts. But I'm inclined to try and fix it - I'm just that kind of girl.

Thanks for the suggestion re: Briggs.

Cheers
      LF

Comment

You may not find parts. The government wants you to use less water per flush. So everything is now geared toward replacement with 1.6 gpf tanks.

Comment

FYI - I will probably go to a water saver one day. But currently my plumbing is circa 1940 (quite the upgrade for the 1805 house) and the waste drains are too. It is my understanding, after a TON of research, that if I put low-flows on my larger diameter waste pipes they will just clog. My plumber told me if I put in low-flows with my current waste drains I should invest in a Quality Plumbers' Helper.

So the high-flows are staying for now - obscure parts be-d*mned.

Comment

Google "Case toilet parts" and look at all the hits. Because none of the sites I looked at mention parts for two piece Case toilets, you may want to contact one of them and ask if they stock what you're looking for.

Comment

I went to Briggs web site and they have case parts just nothing that look like it would fit.

Comment

Years ago I had to fix one of these and as no rubber parts were available, I just made my own. If you attempt this, (you have nothing to loose) use plumbers grease on the threaded bolt when reassembling.

Comment

Call a good Local Plumber and have Them Install a NEW Gerber ... You will be glad you Did ... That old unit is nothing special .... I have a really neat old "standard" sitting in the corner Nice but a Relic ...

Never Had a problem with New Fixtures on "old" Lines You may want an Upstream clean out that a "jetter" can be used in ...

Just my.02

Dave

Comment

Plumber Rick do you still have the flush parts to this 2 piece Case?

Comment

Originally posted by Leah Frances View Post
                      I am trying to find information and parts for this toilet. I am able to find info/parts about the Case one-piece toilets. But I cannot seem to find any info about this two-piece Case toilet. Cheers
                      Nice photos!
                      Would a newater-saving toilet not be.tter and cheaper?
                      Especially if older parts begin to fail.
                      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

google "case two piece toilet parts". i agree with your plumber a 3.5 gal flush beats a 1.6 gal flush any day of the week. breid..............

Comment

Originally posted by jtleep View Post
                          Plumber Rick do you still have the flush parts to this 2 piece Case?
                          no i don't and i'm waiting another couple weeks for a case #50 ballcock assembly too.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks, can you give me a flapper recommendation. I can't seem to find one that works and fits properly

Comment

Ms. Francis, I have a two piece Case toilet exactly as yours and I just repaired it. Lets hope it last another 50 years. What specific parts are you looking for? I went on a wild goose chase for a part that I thought I needed and as it turns out I didn't need it afterall. Hope I can help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X