Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Shower Water Pressure for Multiple Shower Heads & On-Demand Heater Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Water Pressure for Multiple Shower Heads & On-Demand Heater

How would I go about finding out if I have enough water pressure for multiple shower heads in a single shower? Right now I have a 1/2 pipe going to the bath. Should all of that be ripped out and replaced with something larger?

Also, the bath that I am working on is at the farthest point from the hot water heater and I'm concerned about hot water (especially if I go with multiple shower heads). I was thinking of adding a on-demand hot water heater for this bath only but use the hot water from the hot water heater as the inlet so the on-demand heater would only be needed if the hot water heater loses temperature. Is this ok to do?

Tim

http://www.thediyer.com

Re: Shower Water Pressure for Multiple Shower Heads & On-Demand Heater

I have a few tid bits of info.I'm not quite convinced of how it will be used.

I'll let the others chime in and see how it pans out.

Comment

You probably should daisy chain 10 to 12 Chronomites together.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by thediyer View Post
        How would I go about finding out if I have enough water pressure for multiple shower heads in a single shower? Right now I have a 1/2 pipe going to the bath. Should all of that be ripped out and replaced with something larger? YES

Also, the bath that I am working on is at the farthest point from the hot water heater and I'm concerned about hot water (especially if I go with multiple shower heads). I was thinking of adding a on-demand hot water heater for this bath only but use the hot water from the hot water heater as the inlet so the on-demand heater would only be needed if the hot water heater loses temperature. Is this ok to do? This is where you need to contact a licensed professional in your area (see comments below)

Tim

From your website:

Do it yourself, or DIY is an acronym term used today that focuses on people (called do-it-yourselfers or DIYers) building or repairing things for themselves without the aid of paid contractors.

It's not really DIY if you are here asking pro's.. Or is it ok since it is free advice???

In these tough economic times, it is getting harder and harder to be able to afford to pay contractors to do some basic home improvement. The goal of this site is to give you (The DIYer) the basic knowledge on how to accomplish some basic home improvement tasks in order to save you money in the long run. If you do not have the knowledge already, this site will provide it to you.

Could this be a shameless plug for your website since it is less than a month old (6 FEB 2009)?

Comment

No, it was not a shameless plug, it was a real question. I still haven't done anything with the shower yet because my wife and I had a baby and things have been quite hectic. I was once again doing the same research and stumbled upon the thread I started about a year ago. How funny is that? Oh well, I'm still open to advice. Thanks.

Tim

Comment

I/2" won't fly
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

diyster

you don't. yes. yes. breid...................

Comment

all the calculations, charts and such can be found in your copy of your state adopted code book. You simply need to gather the required information as to number of fixtures and type, lenght of pipe run, incoming pressure and total feet of head and them you hit the charts and come up with the answer. Asking anyone to make a pipe size recommendation that has not seen, measured and done the calculations is a waste of time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thediyer View Post
                  How would I go about finding out if I have enough water pressure for multiple shower heads in a single shower? Right now I have a 1/2 pipe going to the bath. Should all of that be ripped out and replaced with something larger?

Also, the bath that I am working on is at the farthest point from the hot water heater and I'm concerned about hot water (especially if I go with multiple shower heads). I was thinking of adding a on-demand hot water heater for this bath only but use the hot water from the hot water heater as the inlet so the on-demand heater would only be needed if the hot water heater loses temperature. Is this ok to do?

Tim

what type of valve do you intend on using? will you be running both heads at the same time? Is it just 2heads or are there body sprays involved?

Comment

Working...
                  X