X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bathroom Double Sink Venting

You're kind of a Cu guru! Be good to work beside you and see your methods.

Don't like made up hammer arrestors & noone is gonna' change my hardhead about that though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      You're kind of a Cu guru! Be good to work beside you and see your methods.

Don't like made up hammer arrestors & noone is gonna' change my hardhead about that though.

J.C.
      Remember what we were told about Frisko and Cook county and their required hammer arestors.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Remember what we were told about Frisko and Cook county and their required hammer arestors.
        Yessir I do. And those aren't worth a dam.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
          and heres another way..

I've never seen 2X8 safety plates.
          This is what I've repeatedly been hollerin about for years on this forum,that wood is as dry as newspaper and you were able to protect it from burning.
          Thank-you Plumbworker.

Comment

Here we have to use 5"x8"-16 gauge safety plates on water & DWV.

1 box weighs about 35lbs.

J.C.

Comment

Yessir I do. And those aren't worth a dam.

J.C.
              Yup

Comment

J.C.
                our code requires them here too, but if you ask for them in a supply house, they get all glassy eyed and can't comprehend what it is you're looking for.

apparently it's never been actually required despite the code.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

J.C.
                  A contractor buddy of mine moved his business out to Texas.He came back to visit with the 411 on the 5X8's.I can see them for bottom and top plate where crown and bottom plate might be going in and the carpenter is using pneumatics.But for studs? The drywaller can feel when he's in wood or otherwise.Sounds like a huge expense to cover a tradesman's lack of ability.

Comment

I think about $1.79 a plate last I checked. Had one job where I had a "wall of plates" to pass inspection.

Drywaller took alot of them down according to the homeowner.

J.C.

Comment

I think about $1.79 a plate last I checked. Had one job where I had a "wall of plates" to pass inspection.

Drywaller took alot of them down according to the homeowner.

J.C.
                      Yeah,that would make sense.The drywallers have to have an inspection for their nailing/screw spans before they mud.

Question:
                      So how are they required?
                      I could run my cold,hot and waste under the same plate.Does the code have some number,say 2-1/2",of overrun that they adhere to?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Yeah,that would make sense.The drywallers have to have an inspection for their nailing/screw spans before they mud.

Question:
                        So how are they required?
                        I could run my cold,hot and waste under the same plate.Does the code have some number,say 2-1/2",of overrun that they adhere to?
                        Don't know if I quite understand. But they are basically required at the top & bottom plates for water & DWV.

Yes 1 plate could cover multiple things & that's what you try to do to pinch the bottom line. I don't have the book in front of me but there is a certain "overrun" required. 2.5" might be right on.

Once again at top & bottom. Side boring can be the old "little plate". Then if you drill anything vertical (top plate) on any exterior or loadbearing wall we're required to install an FHA plate with 6 8d minimum nails installed for shear bracing in addition to the 5"x8". Don't really see how the FHA does much though in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                          ummmm where are you putting these basins? is that where your W/C used to site on the right side in the pic? if so where is it going. Your set up SHOULD look like this though:

I dare not be critical of this fine work so I'm not.

Where I am they would fail this for the 90 below the flood rim even with the way the build is I would get a response of "So what".

Other than an AAV, could this fixture load be bow vented? Relief vent required?

J.C.

Comment

I dare not be critical of this fine work so I'm not.

Where I am they would fail this for the 90 below the flood rim even with the way the build is I would get a response of "So what".

Other than an AAV, could this fixture load be bow vented? Relief vent required?

J.C.
                            J,
                            You are an articulate and very inteligent idividual.It's time for you to move and get out of the low standard's jurisdictions.

10 years ago I was not allowed to use a loop(bow) vent for a sink in front of a window having a dishwasher on both sides.

I was setting my posture to start freaking because I thought he was going to try and tell me to drill the king and trimmer
                            to get the 2"(4'-6" trap arm) to the sink waste.
                            Instead he told me to tell the homeowner they were going to have to build a false wall in front of the exterior for the plumbing.
                            The reasoning was the loop vents were not that efficient and were only to be used under extremely limiting structural conditions,I.E. island sink.I think research was showing suds were clogging the foot vents.

And we are not EVEN going into air admittance valves.I'll just say they make capped copper hammer arrestors(I disslike as well) look like the cat's meow.

So I'm kindof attracted to drainage fittings being approved for horizontaly offsetting vents less than 6" above flood rim.When structural conditions dictate.

Comment

I believe I would spend the extra money and go with a double fixture fitting rather than a double san-tee.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would rather choose to go with a double fixture fitting because of the stability.

Comment

Working...
                                X