Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bathroom Double Sink Venting

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Yeah,that would make sense.The drywallers have to have an inspection for their nailing/screw spans before they mud.

Question:
    So how are they required?
    I could run my cold,hot and waste under the same plate.Does the code have some number,say 2-1/2",of overrun that they adhere to?

As I recall, the IPC requires the plate to extend a minimum of 2 inches above the bottom plate, and below the top plate, and yeah, we used to cover as much as possible with one plate. there is no requirement on size on horizontal penetrations, so the little stud guards are fine for that.

Does UPC allow the little stud guards on everything?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I think about $1.79 a plate last I checked. Had one job where I had a "wall of plates" to pass inspection.

Drywaller took alot of them down according to the homeowner.

J.C.
      That's a good start , BUT I use busted up pieces of old cast iron tub remnants

Stops armor piercing 50 Cal. If You lived here [ S F] You'd be running air chambers

AND DRESSING LIKE A WOMAN,I DO.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        ummmm where are you putting these basins? is that where your W/C used to site on the right side in the pic? if so where is it going. Your set up SHOULD look like this though:

Do You do dental work on weekends? BEAUTIFUL WORK 12" for 1/2" 18" rise for 3/4" in S.F. [ air chambers ]
        Last edited by toolaholic; 03-02-2009, 09:47 AM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Bathroom Double Sink Venting BUSTED

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
          and heres another way..

Sorry , gotta call Dan, You know who! No floor clamp for C.I.

Comment

i dont know if anyone has posted this but it appears to me that that is only 1 1/2" pipe atleast around here you need 2" to run double lavs
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              That's a good start , BUT I use busted up pieces of old cast iron tub remnants

Stops armor piercing 50 Cal. If You lived here [ S F] You'd be running air chambers

AND DRESSING LIKE A WOMAN,I DO.
              Probably would to pass inspection. With the knowledge that it's a complete waste of time and materials.

J.C.

Comment

Do You do dental work on weekends? BEAUTIFUL WORK 12" for 1/2" 18" rise for 3/4" in S.F. [ air chambers ]
                I wish I could take credit for such craftsmanship, but alas this work is the product of plumbworker

Comment

Re: Bathroom Double Sink Venting BUSTED

Sorry , gotta call Dan, You know who! No floor clamp for C.I.
                  tool this photo was taken was before inspection.. i generally put riser clamps in a few days before inspection.

Comment

tool what dist is dan in now..? you know they all switched dist. the beg of this year..?

Comment

Working...
                    X