X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my well

First off, thank you for having this forum.
    My property was a farm a long time ago, and an addition was built over a drilled well. From what I can tell, it is deep and full of water. I would like to use some of that water for irrigation, but I don't know where to start. My biggest limitation that I see so far is that there might be a clearance issue above the well. I will measure it later, but I am sure it is not more than 16-24 inches. between the well and the floor above. I might consult a local expert later, but I thought I could look into doing it myself or having some understanding of the parameters before I bring somebody over. The pipe is small, maybe 2-3 inches. I also don't want to buy a shoddy pump that I will be replacing in a couple of summers.

Thanks,

chris

Re: Help with my well

The pipe is small? The drilled well in the ground is only 2"-3"?

J.C.

Comment

2-3" is my recollection. I will get down there and measure later. It is definitely not much bigger if at all. It is lined with a pipe at least at the surface.

Comment

if it is a 2" pipe it is probably a driven well, and if it is a 3" it is probably a cased well,

one may have to make a trap door in the floor to access it,

how deep to water and how deep is the well, (bottom),
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X