No announcement yet.

Pipe Protruding from Basement Wall???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipe Protruding from Basement Wall???

i had one like that in logansport, in once. i was on the front street side of a business. in fact several businesses, it was 3 story's tall plus basement. i had a gas sniffer, i cracked cap. (cap was barely more than finger tight) got nothing. called gas company, not theirs. called water company, a yeah it's one of ours. in logan they stubbed the sleeve through the wall about 3". they said that they did it on businesses, because they would ***** about the hole in their wall. we all had a good laugh about that. i sawed it off flush and plugged the whole with water plug. breid

Comment

Originally posted by jspear View Post
      Still haven't figured this out, buiding department doesn't want to come out for a while (arrgh). Don't know what to do. Anyone have an idea if this is safe to cut off. I have to get moving on this reno.

Send me a ticket, I'll unscrew the stupid cap....
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Proceed with caution, Be safe ,build a concrete re-enforced wall, floor to ceiling in front of it .
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

having worked on the east coast for years in many OLD homes, it would appear to me to be the oil tank fill line that is probably long past gone. Check up above ground level and see if you can dig up the area just outside the wall. you will probably find the other end capped or rotted. if you pull the cap downstairs make sure you use a back up wrench to insure you dont spin it in the wall if it is rusted or rotted, that would be real bad and probably leak in the future.

Comment

Please tell me this pipe isnt there anymore!!!

Comment

Lol, this thread is 5 months old. Back from the dead.

Comment

Working...
              X