X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Code question?

Sue the concrete company that foundation isn't level.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
      nope
      What a shame,brand new 3"area drain trap primer and all.floor pitched 1/4" . Condensate
      will be lonely. There is a 30" alley way to the next home. Hope no one gets burned,If it pops off.!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        What a shame,brand new 3"area drain trap primer and all.floor pitched 1/4" . Condensate
        will be lonely. There is a 30" alley way to the next home. Hope no one gets burned,If it pops off.!
        huh..? your not piping it to the FD??

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
          huh..? your not piping it to the FD??
          What is FD.? footing drain? Existing 1933 footings ,no sub drainage. Out the wall and 6"off the ground in Marin Co .Looked at S.F. amendments. No mention ,so UPC right?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yeah i would just follow the upc 6" in sf you can pipe it to a floor drain or floor sink w air gap in basements etc.

Comment

Jobs in Noe valley I'll ask Steve the insp. Thank You

Comment

Ok Mark,I give up ! Whats the story with the upside down house??

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Ok Mark,I give up ! Whats the story with the upside down house??
                  http://freshome.com/2007/09/08/amazi...de-down-house/
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks Mark ,that is wild

Comment

Around here it is okay to pipe the t&p to the floor of the garage if there is a step between the garage and the entry to the home. Meaning that if it were to leak there would not be secondary damage in the home! Otherwise it would have to be piped outside with an approved piping material which can be pex in some areas and not in others. Seems to be some eye-brow raising with the pex fittings that fit inside of pex with the crimp ring as to whether or not you are reducing the size. The code seems to be based on pipe sizes not true dimensions. As long as you used a 3/4 line you would use a 3/4 fitting and everything is 3/4, but the actual bore of that fitting is prob 1/2-5/8". Doesn't see as though it would matter to me. Even the reduction in size will flow more than the t&p fully open. Most inspectors argue that if you use pex coming in then you have not reduced the inlet size. Others are concerned about temps, but the manuf. don't rate the temp without pressure so there is no validity there. T&P should not be pressurized so i would think that it could handle the temp pretty easily? Again, its up to the code official for interpretation. I like black and white. Things like this annoy me.

Comment

We cannot use PEX or anything flexible like soft copper for t&p's. I think that they worry about it getting kinked or pinched.
                        So it is hard copper, cpvc or galvanized.

Comment

Ditto for MN and when cpvc is used that must be strapped down to the heater.

Comment

2003 IPC: "The relief valve discharge shall terminate full size to a safe place of disposal such as the floor, outside the building, or an indirect waste receptor."

Comment

Uh oh... Different inspector different interpretation. same town same code.

The water heater is located in an outside laundry room on a concrete floor. So I ran the t&p to 6" above the floor. Now the inspector wants a pan under the heater. HUH UPC says "shall not discharge into a pan".

Must be evaluation time and the inspector has'nt red tagged enough.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                                Uh oh... Different inspector different interpretation. same town same code.

The water heater is located in an outside laundry room on a concrete floor. So I ran the t&p to 6" above the floor. Now the inspector wants a pan under the heater. HUH UPC says "shall not discharge into a pan".

Must be evaluation time and the inspector has'nt red tagged enough.
                                It's stronger than that, it says it is prohibited. If it were me I would challenge him on it.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X