Code question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Code question?

We can use pex for the T&P but we have to strap it to the water heater. We don't have to strap cpvc.

The way our inspectors back in the part of North Carolina I lived in interpreted the code for pans, is that if the water heater was Above a living space we had to pan it. if it just sat on the ground floor it was fine.

Here in Missouri, it seems like they want a pan if it's over a crawlspace, Even dealt with an inspector who made me pan the water heater sitting on a concrete mechanical room floor, and pipe the pan's discharge 2 feet over to a floor drain.
    Last edited by MoJourneyman; 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM. Reason: finishing a sentence.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Re: Code question?

Originally posted by EasyEman

I understand if there is a chance of the heater falling through a floor/ceiling, you need a pan but on a concrete floor?
      It didn't make sense to me either, he claimed it was to prevent any property damage. I think it was because I tend to argue with inspectors when they try to enforce their interpretation of a code.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
      X