joining 2 in to 4 in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining 2 in to 4 in

I want to run a 2 in pvc washing line inside an old 4 in cast iron toilet drain. There is no hub on the 4 in. Is there a gasket that will fit inside the 4 in that will accept the 2 in pvc? I do not want to use a no-hub connector due to grade issues on a planned concrete pour. I tried a 4x3 rubber hub bushing. Fit inside the cast iron perfectly, but was too tight to accept the 3x2 pvc fitting.

Steve

Re: joining 2 in to 4 in

If you are going to pour concreet, why not break it out around the closet bend and make the proper conection...
    remember the washer will need a p trap and be with in 8ft of a vent

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      If you are going to pour concreet, why not break it out around the closet bend and make the proper conection...
      remember the washer will need a p trap and be with in 8ft of a vent
      upc is 5' does 8' fall under the ipc?

Comment

With a deep seal trap we can go 8 ft . 5 ft with a normal trap.

Comment

Keep in mind on day this 4" line is going to back up so you will want a good sized clean out to snake the build up from this line.Otherwise once this plugs up you will be re-cleaning often with a small access.
          So your are going to be doing a concrete pour,why not break up the floor and cut the line and just use a no-hub (mission style with a stainless steel band around it) adapter fitting to change from cast to plastic?
          This toilet you are tying into..Is there a 2" vent coming up near by?This would be an easy alternative with no toilet there and give you and instant proper vent.

Comment

Working...
          X