X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining two 3" vent pipes ??

on another site G,C, Never glued up 2 ,3" vents [ now Understand why You hate them ! ]
    Snow and rain water have caused interior damage. Problem is It's an outside house wall!
    4 rooms would be opened up for a fix. Can they line vertical abs or pvc ? Guy wants to install 2 90s on roof turned down! ,to keep out water!
    Last edited by toolaholic; 03-07-2009, 10:24 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Lining two 3" vent pipes ??

i don't think the pipe is the problem.

sounds like a roof flashing issue.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
      i don't think the pipe is the problem.

sounds like a roof flashing issue.

Vince
      I like that ! " staring at it, wont fix it " I'll tell that to the Mrs, next time She gives Me that look!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, it woldn't be the first time i've seen the vent leak. turning 2 90's down is not legal, but it will do the trick.

as far as lining goes. a camera would need to be run and inspect the fittings. as long as there are no tight turn ven 90's it will work.

truthfully you can locate with the camera and do precision cuts in the wall to properly repair.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          tool, it woldn't be the first time i've seen the vent leak. turning 2 90's down is not legal, but it will do the trick.

as far as lining goes. a camera would need to be run and inspect the fittings. as long as there are no tight turn ven 90's it will work.

truthfully you can locate with the camera and do precision cuts in the wall to properly repair.

rick.
          told Him it was illegal! Now He's mentioned CARP ANTS! He needs an explorer
          and an independent Ins. Adj. MOLD ,maybe. Walls should be opened up,and proper fix,all around

Comment

Don't they require a water test on the vents. That is crazy. We have to fill the whole system to the lowest vent opening. If there is a fotting above that we fill past the highest fitting.

It doesnt seem like opening the walls and gluing the fittings is that big an issue if he has to do all the mold abatement stuff anyway.

Comment

Another visit to hack town. No inspection no air test for himself.

Comment

Why would anyone fab vent fittings without cementing as he went along? Seems to me that unless there is some horizontal vent piping involved dry fitted joints running vertically would pass 99+% of any rain water that might run down them, unless a joint has come apart. In that case, a camera would easily spot the problem. Are you sure it's not the flashing?
                Last edited by Plumbus; 03-07-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I find un glued fitting after the damage is done ...
                  If you go to lunch ,pull dry fit fittings apart or stay till the job is done

Comment

As it starts,so it goes. I can only imagine what's in the walls. check Plumb section, Cont. talk
                    Carp Ants , mean Rot! He needs to open up walls and get a real plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      As it starts,so it goes. I can only imagine what's in the walls. check Plumb section, Cont. talk
                      Carp Ants , mean Rot! He needs to open up walls and get a real plumber.
                      I have visited that site, I wasnt impressed at all, some real ego's over there, Rick at least has Joey to keep him in check and as for the rest of us..... well we have the rest of us to keep each other in check. But thos guys over there, quite a few of them in the gc section seem like they have a pick-up truck and 50 illegals to do there work..... FYI, I hate those contractors giving a bad name to all of us!

Comment

I rarely go there anymore. I've given out a few spankings, to some punks over there

Comment

Working...
                        X