Commercial toilet in house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial toilet in house

Ive always wondered, what would be required to put a tankless commercial type toilet in a house. I know the water pressure isnt sufficient in a home to do this, but is that the only obstacle?

Re: Commercial toilet in house

All you need is a 1" water line to the toilet and your ready to hook it up

Comment

A 1" water line is needed for the flush valve, but it was not uncommon for us to run an 1 1/2 service and 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 branch lines. I have seen some of these toilets starve for water on 1''. A lot will depend on pressure as well as length of runs and fixtures. There is usually a lot of noise generated by these toilets so the first thing you want to do is take your wife on a little date over to the gas station to take one of these for a test drive. After she says no way, your problem will be solved.

Comment

Just finished a repair at a church, mens and womans commercial bathrooms.
        3/4" feed to the building!!Was bumped up to 2"after the meter.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
          A 1" water line is needed for the flush valve, but it was not uncommon for us to run an 1 1/2 service and 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 branch lines. I have seen some of these toilets starve for water on 1''. A lot will depend on pressure as well as length of runs and fixtures. There is usually a lot of noise generated by these toilets so the first thing you want to do is take your wife on a little date over to the gas station to take one of these for a test drive. After she says no way, your problem will be solved.

Haha, like she has a say in it....

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
            You can put a well pressure tank dedicated to the toilet. Check valve it on the inlet side. Then you have a dedicated pressurized reserve for the toilet/flushvalve.

J.C.

I am on a well, so if I ever do decide to do this thats the way I will have to go. Anyone tell me how much one of these toilets runs?

Comment

A Pro Flo brand from Ferguson can be bought as cheap as $65.00. Then add $15.00 for a seat, and $150.00 for a good Sloan Royal flush valve.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                A Pro Flo brand from Ferguson can be bought as cheap as $65.00. Then add $15.00 for a seat, and $150.00 for a good Sloan Royal flush valve.

Hmm, never thought about the fact that the toilet and valve are separate, but it makes since. I may have to go that option when I build the house.

Comment

You could just run a Pressure assist ...All the Noise and Power you Crave

They even Blow TP to shards ! (which some can stay behind)

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                    You could just run a Pressure assist ...All the Noise and Power you Crave

They even Blow TP to shards ! (which some can stay behind)

Dave

part of the reason I want to go with a commercial is because they are alot more reliable. I replace internals in at least two toilets a week and NONE of them are over 4 years old. I also think the look would be sweet.

Comment

i have 2 pressure assist toilets at my house. both are 15 years old and i never touched them. no plunger, no parts.

1 of them i just replaced to make room for a bidet seat

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Speaking of which, I installed a toilet the other day that the customer went and bought. It was from Home Depot and had no flapper or anything similar. It had a bucket attached to the handle that filled up and then when you hit the handle it dumped the bucket. Is this new, anyone else seen this?

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
                          Speaking of which, I installed a toilet the other day that the customer went and bought. It was from Home Depot and had no flapper or anything similar. It had a bucket attached to the handle that filled up and then when you hit the handle it dumped the bucket. Is this new, anyone else seen this?

it's called a "niagra" like niagra falls

been around almost since day 1. early 90's.

modified fluidmaster ballcock. it's the trip/ tilt handles that break.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

since day 1. early 90's.
                            Is that 1890s or 1990s Rick?
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              Is that 1890s or 1990s Rick?

low flow 1.6 has been required since 1990 here.

first job i was exposed to them was a mere 900+ toilets.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X