X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo of old Valley Faucet - cartridge removal question

It's an old Valley 1 type single handle shower faucet.

I have a replacement cartridge in-hand (Lasco).

I don't see any external threads on the new cartridge and I don't see any other bits to remove from the old unit (other than the large decor ring).

Does the cartridge just pull straight out?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Re: photo of old Valley Faucet - cartridge removal question

that is the way it looks to me.

Comment

Be ready to change out the faucet ... If It's what I think it is it Aint worth fixin ... Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
        Be ready to change out the faucet ... If It's what I think it is it Aint worth fixin ... Dave
        It's been a tough little soldier (so far) - we've lived here since 1988 and this is the first problem we've had (21 years).

Comment

We have some around hear,,,Never had luck with a new catridge..
          It will come out in a few pieces,,,I rebuid the original with a [v1001cd] repair kit,and it works fine ..

Comment

Headaches! Cut out that valve and replace it with a Moen single handle. You will be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
              Headaches! Cut out that valve and replace it with a Moen single handle. You will be glad you did.
              That's what I always recommend as the first choice when I run into a Valley faucet. If they just can't afford that, then I will suggest repairing the faucet.

Comment

If it was a moen i would cut it out....
                That faucet still looks good and with a 10$ set of orings and seats you would be ready to go

Comment

The cylindrical metal piece furthest from the wall threads off.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                    If it was a moen i would cut it out....
                    That faucet still looks good and with a 10$ set of orings and seats you would be ready to go
                    Moen shower valves...............99 out of 100 Plumbers prefer them!

Comment

I must be the 1 out of the 100.. plumbers .and will stand bye my opinion
                      moen is cr@p!!!!!

Comment

moen is junk, plumb for life that statistic is backwards, 99 out of 100 plumbers hate moen and agree with delcase and myself

Comment

I couldnt agree more about tearing out a Moen shower valve....

If this valve were in my house Id tear it out and replace with American Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                            moen is junk, plumb for life that statistic is backwards, 99 out of 100 plumbers hate moen and agree with delcase and myself
                            Well guys, looks like we have a differing in opinion. but from my experience and many other plumbing associates I talk to, Moen Is a good choice for the money and ease of repair. The only gripe I have about them is when they are new the cartrides some times wander from hot to cold or vice versa becauce of factory over lubing of the stem. Also the posi temps can get crud in them if you don't flush them after instalation.

Comment

Moen

Comment

Working...
                              X