X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking recommendation for new kitchen faucet

3-holer kitchen sink; standard 8 inch centers for faucet valves. This is for an apartment kitchen, not my house.

Moen is my brand of choice, but I don't see what I want there...

I prefer separate, simple valves for hot and cold, rather than a one-handle valve... which I have found to be far less reliable.
    Here's the catch. I'd like to have a sprayer (for veggies, rinsing pots, etc.) but there is no fourth hole one would typically employ for this.

I have seen many Moen single handle faucets with pull-out spouts. They don't interest me.

Is there any reputable, reliable two-handle faucet with a pull-out spout?

I might also go for a single-handle faucet with a sprayer taking the place of the second valve... as opposed to the sprayer that pulls out from the main spout.

I have never been a fan of Price Pfister. But any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

John Peter
    Last edited by JohnPeter; 03-20-2009, 04:43 AM.

Re: Seeking recommendation for new kitchen faucet

delta or kohler, moen is garbage

Comment

You could go with the Moen Aberdeen two handle faucet. It has a pull out wand in the spout. It's not the cheapest faucet, but it's nice. It is a fairly popular faucet in my town.

http://www.moen.com/ecatalog/detail/...NSUMER%3A7592C

Comment

1st choice- Delta
        2nd- Moen
        3rd- Kohler

Comment

Thank you, Nevada Plumber. That is a good recommendation. The price is too high for this application, unfortunately, but I've recorded the spec sheet and the model name for future consideration.

Any idea how difficult it might be to clean out the spray head on that faucet? Does it run all the time in "spray mode," or can something be switched to allow the water to just pour out?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPeter View Post
            Thank you, Nevada Plumber. That is a good recommendation. The price is too high for this application, unfortunately, but I've recorded the spec sheet and the model name for future consideration.

Any idea how difficult it might be to clean out the spray head on that faucet? Does it run all the time in "spray mode," or can something be switched to allow the water to just pour out?

push it up.

but it maybe dirty so place a hand on top directly over the sprayer.

they're cheap so you may have to buy a new one.

Vince

Comment

Then you will think !!!i should of bought a delta

Comment

Grohe.

J.C.

Comment

Grohe ladylux is the best for pullout spray style faucet. They cost a fortune though.
                  Also, imo forget two-handle faucets, single-lever are way more ergonomic.
                  Last edited by Service Guy; 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I have a new Moen Integra in my house, its a piece of crap compared to a Grohe, but it was cheaper than many pullout type faucets and I like it so far.

We'll see how long it lasts though. I am not a huge Moen fan.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      Grohe ladylux is the best for pullout spray style faucet. They cost a fortune though.
                      Also, imo forget two-handle faucets, single-lever are way more ergonomic.
                      Agreed. Customers I know that have them have not called for anything on them. And they've been in many years.

The Delta ball system, Moen cartridge, & multiple Kohler cartridges haven't compared in my experience.

J.C.

Comment

I've had Moen installed in my house for years. The two-handle bathroom faucets ("Chateau") are utterly flawless and perfect in their performance. They have served here for 10 years of heavy use, and have never dripped ... or required any plumbing maintenance whatsoever... only cleaning of the outer hardware and the spout screen. This has made a "true Moen believer" out of me...

I replaced an unsatisfactory Delta (ball type) kitchen faucet in late 1999 with a single-handled Moen 7470 (7430?)... with its type 1225 cartridge. It works well, but has required lots of maintenance over the years... numerous parts changes, perhaps once a year. Again, this faucet is used almost constantly... I have a family with a stay-at-home wife who cooks and cleans the dishes... incessantly. Moen has stood behind me on this with generous replacement of parts, all under warranty, and occasional expert advice.

The Moen 1225 cartridge, therefore, works well for us, but requires occasional replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
                          How about drilling a fourth hole in the existing sink?
                          It's quick and easy.
                          Surely you jest? Are you serious...?
                          I believe the sink is cast iron. I do have a large old slow drill motor (with a 1/2" chuck).

What kind of bit would that take? I wouldn't want to buy that bit... but perhaps might rent it.

Years ago, I used a peculiar bit that has a unique pointed oval shape to cut through bathroom tile. But only for small diameter holes... perhaps 1/4" at the most.

Comment

Delta and Moen are good choices that are very servicable, if you want to spend a bit more Grohe has some very nice product. My wife picked one out that was very nice........at 800 dollars my cost it better be nicer than average!!

Comment

for cheap but reliable faucets get a delta or moen. serviceable yet still well built.

Comment

Working...
                              X