X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sulfur smell

I was called to a dental office to check their traps for sewer gas. Of course when I was there no smell. But after talking to the dentist he thought it was coming from the trap under the sink. Because at that sink they are cutting plaster they use a " Gleco trap system" to collect solids. Also after the trap and before it goes into the wall they have a under sink vent. Do you think eather of these two could cause a sulfur smell that is so bad they can smell it in the whole building and other times no problem.

Re: sulfur smell

Depending on what else had been put down there it certainly seems possible.

They use a number of different chemicals and compounds in their work, who knows what does not mix well with what.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The office building is a one story about 40' wide and 60' long. Seeing as some days no smell and other days it is bad, has been going on now for about 6 months. Is it possible that the anode rod would produce the sulfur smell under a heavy load?

Comment

Are they the only occupant in the building? Could be a new tenant in the building is creating the smell. Happened to us - I now know the wonderful smell produced by kim-chee.

Comment

Originally posted by tchads View Post
          Are they the only occupant in the building? Could be a new tenant in the building is creating the smell. Happened to us - I now know the wonderful smell produced by kim-chee.

It's not so much the smell produced by the kim-chee,it's the smell thats produced by the human that just ate the kim-chee
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

How about floor drains or sinks without trap primers or improprerly functioning trap primers?

Comment

I bet if you access the stack and take in a good whiff you will find that is not the smell.I would bet there is a chemical someplace making stink for them.

Comment

It is probably coming from the bathroom after someone drops a duece, they may light a match afterward and that may be the suflur smell. I noticed it today in my office!

Comment

he mentioned that there is a "undersink vent", or AAV.

have you replaced that to see is that stops the smell?

Vince

Comment

Working...
                  X