Plastic socket set screw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic socket set screw

I just received my K-60SP. There is a plug/cap type thing I figure is part # 65867, that was not attached to the body of the machine, it was just rolling around in the box. It needs an allen wrench to screw it in, and it goes in just under where the cable is attached in the front of the machine.

What I'd like to know is what is this part for, and should I be doing something before putting it in?

BTW, even though it is named 'plastic' in the components page, it really is metal.

Re: Plastic socket set screw

Originally posted by tshirt View Post
    I just received my K-60SP. There is a plug/cap type thing I figure is part # 65867, that was not attached to the body of the machine, it was just rolling around in the box. It needs an allen wrench to screw it in, and it goes in just under where the cable is attached in the front of the machine.

What I'd like to know is what is this part for, and should I be doing something before putting it in?

BTW, even though it is named 'plastic' in the components page, it really is metal.

part #18 in the break down below.

http://www.ridgidparts.com/images/rt...es/K60SP_1.GIF

it's not too important as it's the cover screw for the motor reset button below.

in the 3 years i've been using the k-60, i've never needed to reset the motor or remove the access screw

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Plastic socket set screw

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      part #18 in the break down below.

http://www.ridgidparts.com/images/rt...es/K60SP_1.GIF

it's not too important as it's the cover screw for the motor reset button below.

in the 3 years i've been using the k-60, i've never needed to reset the motor or remove the access screw

rick.
      Thanks Rick, yes that's the thing I was referring to in the diagram.
      Last edited by tshirt; 03-27-2009, 11:22 PM. Reason: incomplete thought.

Comment

Working...
      X