Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a toilet

Hello,

I want to move the swap the toilet and sink in my bathroom. They will not be swapped in the exact same spot(s) but they will be close. I don't think I will cross any joices but I am concerned with the waste pipes. It is all PVC and copper. Is this a good time to move to PEX?

Does anyone have a recipe of what and how to do this move with some sort of 'Don't forgets'

Thanks in advance,
    Ron

Re: Moving a toilet

Originally posted by rbrennan View Post
    Hello,
    I want to move the swap the toilet and sink in my bathroom. They will not be swapped in the exact same spot(s) but they will be close. I don't think I will cross any joices but I am concerned with the waste pipes. It is all PVC and copper. Is this a good time to move to PEX?

Does anyone have a recipe of what and how to do this move with some sort of 'Don't forgets'

Thanks in advance,
    Ron
    Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum.
    Do you mean floor joists? First, you should be sure that you won't be crossing floor joists with your proposed floor plan. Is the ceiling in the lower level (part of your home that is under this bathroom) finished or unfinished? Have you pulled it apart to see what you piping is, and where it's going? Second, where will you vent to? Have you thought of that? This project might be a little too ambitious for you to attempt if you are not sure if you have copper and/or PVC, or if you need to ask if this is a good time to move to PEX.

My recipe would be to save yourself a ton of money, time aggravation, skinned knuckles, and code problems by talking to friends and neighbours to find a reliable licensed plumber in the Ottawa area.

Mick
    Last edited by Fireguy97; 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Re: Moving a toilet

Originally posted by rbrennan View Post
      Hello,

Thanks in advance,
      Ron
      You need to think about quite a few factors such as venting and cleanouts. At least get drawing and take it to your local building code department for approval.

Comment

Working...
      X